work experience for application

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jaestro

work experience for application

Postby jaestro » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:34 pm

How bad will it look, if I just include my work experience since I graduated last year? My work experience during and in between a hiatus from school is not flattering (not law related, nor for extended periods of time, one job not on books). I would just rather leave it blank. Will this hurt me?

iShotFirst

Re: work experience for application

Postby iShotFirst » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:37 pm

It wont hurt you.

jaestro

Postby jaestro » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:10 pm

thanks...any other input?

achilles

Postby achilles » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:34 pm

I know some schools request to see ALL your work experience, in which case you should include it. if not, you need to consider the questions the adcomms will have when reviewing your application: what were you doing during summers? why didn't you have a job until you graduated from college? were you just sitting on your parents' couch every summer? in my opinion, it's better to show that you did SOMETHING during this time, even if it was a crap job. they understand that you need to make money. i would, however, recommend not including the job that wasn't on the books. sounds sketchy.

I included my mailroom job during senior year and a cashier job i had during freshman summer, and these did not hurt my application

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”