Medical Conditon-LSAT addendum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Gabby1283

Medical Conditon-LSAT addendum

Postby Gabby1283 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:20 pm

Basically I have been diagnosed with a medical condition that has been proven to affect my standardized test taking abilities. I dont want to give all the details in my addendum but just want to simply state the facts regarding my test performance. Does this information get my point across or should I add more details? (or take out unnecessary facts?)

"In September 2009 I took the LSAT and had physical complications, leading to a low score which was later attributed to an overactive thyroid. I was diagnosed in November 2009 with Hyperthyroidism and since then have undergone medical regiments to limit the symptoms which include tremors, irregular heart beats and anxiety; all of which affected me in the September 2009 LSAT. For the December 2010 LSAT test I tried alternative medication which, although helped with the symptoms, did not completely rid me of them. Although my Hyperthyroidism has affected my ability to perform on standardized tests, it has no other symptoms that directly or indirectly affect my work or school performance."

gdane

Re: Medical Conditon-LSAT addendum

Postby gdane » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:23 pm

LSAT Addendum

Last month I was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism. Unbeknownst to me at the time, the symptoms of Hyperthyroidism manifisted themselves during the September 2009 LSAT. Unfortunately, this condition negatively affected my score. Since then I have undergone medical regiments to limit the symptoms which include tremors, irregular heart beats and anxiety. Although my Hyperthyroidism had a negative affect on my LSAT score, it will not affect my ability to perform well in the future. There is no doubt in my mind that I will be ready to work hard at your school come fall 2011. I ask that the admissions committee take into consideration what I have shared today when reviewing my application. Thank you.

This addendum will be much stronger if you have a good GPA and if you get a better December LSAT score.

Good luck!

Gabby1283

Postby Gabby1283 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:47 am

Thank you so much, that sounds much much better!

Ascend

Postby Ascend » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:37 am

omg, did someone on TLS actually just help another human being out instead of flaming them and berating them about how they should "rethink the decision to go to law school"? This can only be the final sign foretold in the necronomicon that the end is near!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”