Michigan app questions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gmreplay

Michigan app questions

Postby gmreplay » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:28 pm

1. How am I meant to sign the application?
2. What's the deal with needaccess.org? Does that get submitted separately, and does it have to be submitted concurrently with the law school application?
3. Other than filling out the common and primary forms on LSAC, assigning my PS, and having the LoRs sent in, is there anything else I need to do before I can submit?

gmreplay

Re: Michigan app questions

Postby gmreplay » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:08 am

Seriously, someone please help me out here. Am I supposed to submit this NeedAccess thing before I am admitted, or after?

It has this cryptic line right before I'm about to submit "Do not submit tax forms until after you have received notification of admission from the institution(s) to which you are applying."

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:10 am

For the app you don't need to sign the line on LSAC, just date it
don't submit without writing a whymich
and I have no idea what the needaccess.org stuff is. Are you disabled or something? I was already admitted and certainly didn't fill out any needaccess.org something or other

gmreplay

Postby gmreplay » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:45 am

Thanks for the response.

Again, someone, do I need to submit the needaccess stuff before or after I apply?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:13 am

Fill the needaccess after being admitted. Many of the top schools use them, so you will probably end up signing up/paying for it anyway eventually.

gmreplay

Postby gmreplay » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:51 am

r6_philly wrote:Fill the needaccess after being admitted. Many of the top schools use them, so you will probably end up signing up/paying for it anyway eventually.

Bingo. Thank you.

So guys, I've gotten my apps filled in, PS is done, addendum is done, Why Michigan is done, and my last LoR got faxed yesterday (after LSAC lost it. Thanks guys!). I think I'm set, right? Am I forgetting something?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”