Dec 2010 LSAT - Do I need to wait for results to apply?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
careerchange2010

Dec 2010 LSAT - Do I need to wait for results to apply?

Postby careerchange2010 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:08 pm

I took the December LSAT today. If I apply to Law Schools now, will they wait to evaluate my application until they receive my December LSAT results?

The reason I ask is that I took the October LSAT and did terrible. I know I did much better this time and I'd like to get my applications in early if I can.

jetergrl2ss

Re: Dec 2010 LSAT - Do I need to wait for results to apply?

Postby jetergrl2ss » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:10 pm

It depends on the school. Look at their admissions web sites to see what it says. Schools will be able to see you took the December test, even if your results are not yet available. I believe (note sure, someone can back me up here) that most schools will hold your file until your December score is released. You can also ask schools to hold your application until your December score is available.

fw22mk

Re: Dec 2010 LSAT - Do I need to wait for results to apply?

Postby fw22mk » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:54 pm

I would imagine it depends on the school's policy, but all of the schools I applied to before today's test have said that they will review my file once the Dec. score is released. One school e-mailed me to let them know if I decided not to take it. From my memory, all of the apps. that I have in clearly asked about future LSAT dates. I've also checked on here and it seems that once I receive my score, the schools I've applied to will also receive the updated score. Hope that helps.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”