HLS doc. updates

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
florencezx

HLS doc. updates

Postby florencezx » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:11 am

So far only HLS asked me to send mail, instead of email, to update my files. I sent overnight and the mail was signed by a person who is probably not an admission staff. A week later I lost my mailing receipt, so I lost my evidence. I called JD admissions to ask them to check whether they have updated my files or not, but the lady declined to do so.

So now all I can do is to "safely assume that my file has been updated?"

florencezx

Re: HLS doc. updates

Postby florencezx » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:15 am

have anyone done this before? thx!!!!

florencezx

Postby florencezx » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:20 pm

please, anyone has any experience or thought on this? Thanks a lot!

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:43 am

I think the issue is that ppl don't understand your question. Why can't you update through LSAC?

florencezx

Postby florencezx » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:21 pm

acrossthelake wrote:I think the issue is that ppl don't understand your question. Why can't you update through LSAC?

Because I have already submitted my applications ... thank you!

socraticmethodman

Postby socraticmethodman » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:59 pm

florencezx wrote:So far only HLS asked me to send mail, instead of email, to update my files. I sent overnight and the mail was signed by a person who is probably not an admission staff. A week later I lost my mailing receipt, so I lost my evidence. I called JD admissions to ask them to check whether they have updated my files or not, but the lady declined to do so.

I don't understand why the lady in admissions would decline to check if your file was updated? Why don't you call again on monday and ask.

florencezx

Postby florencezx » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:46 pm

socraticmethodman wrote:
florencezx wrote:So far only HLS asked me to send mail, instead of email, to update my files. I sent overnight and the mail was signed by a person who is probably not an admission staff. A week later I lost my mailing receipt, so I lost my evidence. I called JD admissions to ask them to check whether they have updated my files or not, but the lady declined to do so.

I don't understand why the lady in admissions would decline to check if your file was updated? Why don't you call again on monday and ask.

I called her twice. she said they receive thousands of mails a day so there is no way she can check... should I push her harder?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”