Why doesn't BC status checker just say admit or deny?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
skippy1

Why doesn't BC status checker just say admit or deny?

Postby skippy1 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:02 am

Apparently decision was rendered - is there anyway to know what it was - or do I have to wait for the letter?

Aggiegrad2011

Re: Why doesn't BC status checker just say admit or deny?

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:30 am

skippy1 wrote:Apparently decision was rendered - is there anyway to know what it was - or do I have to wait for the letter?

What we've managed to figure out on our "BC applicant thread" is:

1. If your decision is an acceptance, within approximately 24 hours you will receive a video link in an e-mail from BC welcoming you (Not enough evidence to declare whether it'd be sent over a weekend, though, so conceivably if you went DR on 12/10, you might have to wait until Monday for that regardless).

2. If you have something like "Decision letter mailed" under "Mailings" on the left hand side of the status checker, you're likely wait-listed or rejected, because "bad news comes in the mail." Accepted students do not seem to receive a letter, instead they receive admission goodies further on into the cycle. We're actually "testing" this right now because someone else on the thread who went DR on 12/10 has something under mailings, but I do not. So, whichever one of us gets in, we'll know for sure.

As to WHY they don't just give the decision right there on the checker, your guess is as good as mine, although I suspect it has something to do with the desire for their cool video to be seen and enjoyed, and not to seem to cold and distant if delivering a WL/Rejection.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”