HELP!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
waketiger

HELP!

Postby waketiger » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:59 pm

Took the LSAT in October and got a 164. While waiting for my score I decided to be careful and sign up for the December LSAT just in case. Now that it is here I tried to cancel my registration on Monday but missed the deadline by a crisp three weeks. I've been waitlisted at Washington and Lee, accepted at Wake Forest, and haven't heard from SMU, Houston, WashU, Vanderbilt (getting denied, I know) and William and Mary. I have not studied one second for the LSAT since the October test and I am in the middle of finals right now (have a final at 2 tomorrow after the test). My question is should I go ahead and take the test tomorrow and see how I do? Take it and if I don't feel good then cancel it? Or just not show up at all? (I don't know if that looks bad or not). Just opinions would help, thanks. Sorry this is long and rambling

dood

Re: HELP!

Postby dood » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:01 pm

Last edited by dood on Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waketiger

Postby waketiger » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:03 pm

dood wrote:lol u'r such a fail. fuck it, dont even bother going...i mean wats the rationale for going?

Well I guess the rationale would be that I improve my score and help my admissions prospects.

lalalawya

Postby lalalawya » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:05 pm

dood wrote:lol u'r such a fail. fuck it, dont even bother going...i mean wats the rationale for going?

Well, that's not very nice....
OP, I think I have read somewhere on this site that it is better to take an absence rather than a cancel after a bad feeling. I think you should sign up for the Feb. LSAT. You still have a couple of months to preparem, and you are right...a higher score may help you get off of waitlists/gain acceptance.

dood

Postby dood » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:12 pm

Last edited by dood on Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waketiger

Postby waketiger » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:44 pm

dood wrote:
waketiger wrote:

Well I guess the rationale would be that I improve my score and help my admissions prospects.

how would that be possible except out of sheer forest gump type luck / divine intervention? (just saying bro)

Well I was pretty nervous for the test in October and missed more questions in the first section than the other three sections combined. Maybe going into it knowing I can easily cancel it would help me start out better? Not really sure, basically it's whether an absence or cancelled score looks worse and if either is truly 'bad'?

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:50 pm

waketiger wrote:Took the LSAT in October and got a 164. While waiting for my score I decided to be careful and sign up for the December LSAT just in case. Now that it is here I tried to cancel my registration on Monday but missed the deadline by a crisp three weeks. I've been waitlisted at Washington and Lee, accepted at Wake Forest, and haven't heard from SMU, Houston, WashU, Vanderbilt (getting denied, I know) and William and Mary. I have not studied one second for the LSAT since the October test and I am in the middle of finals right now (have a final at 2 tomorrow after the test). My question is should I go ahead and take the test tomorrow and see how I do? Take it and if I don't feel good then cancel it? Or just not show up at all? (I don't know if that looks bad or not). Just opinions would help, thanks. Sorry this is long and rambling

You have a final on Saturday? That sucks...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”