Application Due Date versus Report sent date

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
neyaae

Application Due Date versus Report sent date

Postby neyaae » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:09 pm

I am applying ED for GW, which has a deadline of December 15th. I was assuming that I met the deadline if I submitted everything to LSAC by the 15th - but now that I'm looking at it again, I'm really worried that the deadline means the school has to receive the LSAC report by the 15th. Which is it? Obviously this could be avoided if I had gotten my act together earlier, but it's too late now...

T6Hopeful

Re: Application Due Date versus Report sent date

Postby T6Hopeful » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:12 pm

neyaae wrote:I am applying ED for GW, which has a deadline of December 15th. I was assuming that I met the deadline if I submitted everything to LSAC by the 15th - but now that I'm looking at it again, I'm really worried that the deadline means the school has to receive the LSAC report by the 15th. Which is it? Obviously this could be avoided if I had gotten my act together earlier, but it's too late now...

Your best bet would be to give the school a call. Different schools have different policies. For example, Michigan wants it to be COMPLETE by November 15th for ED, Columbia wants it SUBMITTED by the 15th, Cornell SUBMITTED by the 1st, etc. The best answer you can get is on the school's website, and if it's not there, then by calling them. HTH :)

Judge Philip Banks

Re: Application Due Date versus Report sent date

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:06 am

Taken from LSAC's FAQs for Electronic Applications (http://www.lsac.org/JD/Help/faqs-eapps.asp):

What is the deadline for transmitting applications?

Law schools can specify to LSAC the date and time of day (Eastern Time) they wish to stop the transmission of electronic applications. The default deadline time is 11:59 pm (ET) on the date of the school's application deadline. Information about these deadlines is included on the applications, in the application instructions or checklists of the individual law schools, and to the right of the school name in Active Applications.

Applications can take up to 48 hours to be processed for transmission by LSAC. For the most part, they will be processed sooner than that, but if LSAC's servers become overburdened due to excessive use, some applications may take the full 48 hours. It is highly recommended that you not wait until the last minute to transmit your applications. Internet slowness, server problems at your ISP or elsewhere, or other issues beyond LSAC's control may occur, resulting in the deadline passing without your application being transmitted. Once the deadline has passed, the time stamp cannot be changed, so please pay careful attention to deadline dates. Once LSAC transmits an application, it can be immediately accessed by the law school, although it is up to the school how often they review incoming applications.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”