Is There A Website...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Diiizzzzoooo
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:18 pm

Is There A Website...

Postby Diiizzzzoooo » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:04 pm

...that has graphed applications and their acceptance/rejections based on when they were submitted? I plan on submitting my apps in Mid-January, and would like to see some sort of easily referenced data set where they display success with regard to when the apps were sent in. Does such a thing exist?


Am I thinking way too much about this?

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Is There A Website...

Postby whymeohgodno » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:05 pm

lawschoolnumbers.com

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: Is There A Website...

Postby Kilpatrick » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:07 pm

.
Last edited by Kilpatrick on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Diiizzzzoooo
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: Is There A Website...

Postby Diiizzzzoooo » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:12 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:^^

But also - don't submit in mid-January. That's way too late. Apply right now. Even if you're taking the Dec LSAT, get everything in now so that you will go complete as soon as the score is released.




Are you saying that simply because I might have to wait a few months? If that's the case I don't mind. See the thing is Kilpatrick, all my applications are done. I just have an old LSAT score and I don't want to risk having that looked at it before the new one reports later this month.


I was just looking at this site here, and it seems there are quite a few accepteds at the school I want who submitted apps in late January/early February.

User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Is There A Website...

Postby acrossthelake » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:34 pm

It really depends where you're applying. Pretty sure I wouldn't have nabbed one of the schools I did had I applied in January instead of the first day apps were accepted. :lol:

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Is There A Website...

Postby whymeohgodno » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:35 pm

acrossthelake wrote:It really depends where you're applying. Pretty sure I wouldn't have nabbed one of the schools I did had I applied in January instead of the first day apps were accepted. :lol:


Did you wait a cycle or take an early LSAT?

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7960
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Is There A Website...

Postby Pleasye » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:44 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:Did you wait a cycle or take an early LSAT?

She took an early LSAT.

Diiizzzzoooo wrote:Are you saying that simply because I might have to wait a few months? If that's the case I don't mind. See the thing is Kilpatrick, all my applications are done. I just have an old LSAT score and I don't want to risk having that looked at it before the new one reports later this month.


I was just looking at this site here, and it seems there are quite a few accepteds at the school I want who submitted apps in late January/early February.

It isn't because you may have to wait a few months its because schools have rolling admissions. The longer you wait the more seats are filled up at schools which lowers your chances of getting in to schools. You can submit your apps right now and let them know that you are taking the December LSAT so please wait for that one before reviewing your apps.

User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Is There A Website...

Postby acrossthelake » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:45 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:It really depends where you're applying. Pretty sure I wouldn't have nabbed one of the schools I did had I applied in January instead of the first day apps were accepted. :lol:


Did you wait a cycle or take an early LSAT?


Early LSAT--I took the LSAT in early junior year.


Most schools are rolling and as time goes by, seats fill and scholarships are drained, etc.

User avatar
Diiizzzzoooo
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: Is There A Website...

Postby Diiizzzzoooo » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:00 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:Did you wait a cycle or take an early LSAT?

She took an early LSAT.

Diiizzzzoooo wrote:Are you saying that simply because I might have to wait a few months? If that's the case I don't mind. See the thing is Kilpatrick, all my applications are done. I just have an old LSAT score and I don't want to risk having that looked at it before the new one reports later this month.


I was just looking at this site here, and it seems there are quite a few accepteds at the school I want who submitted apps in late January/early February.

It isn't because you may have to wait a few months its because schools have rolling admissions. The longer you wait the more seats are filled up at schools which lowers your chances of getting in to schools. You can submit your apps right now and let them know that you are taking the December LSAT so please wait for that one before reviewing your apps.




I've heard this, but I have also heard that there is really no way to verify this and some schools will look at your application anyway, even after notifying them.

User avatar
glewz
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: Is There A Website...

Postby glewz » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:10 pm

Diiizzzzoooo wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:Did you wait a cycle or take an early LSAT?

She took an early LSAT.

Diiizzzzoooo wrote:Are you saying that simply because I might have to wait a few months? If that's the case I don't mind. See the thing is Kilpatrick, all my applications are done. I just have an old LSAT score and I don't want to risk having that looked at it before the new one reports later this month.


I was just looking at this site here, and it seems there are quite a few accepteds at the school I want who submitted apps in late January/early February.

It isn't because you may have to wait a few months its because schools have rolling admissions. The longer you wait the more seats are filled up at schools which lowers your chances of getting in to schools. You can submit your apps right now and let them know that you are taking the December LSAT so please wait for that one before reviewing your apps.




I've heard this, but I have also heard that there is really no way to verify this and some schools will look at your application anyway, even after notifying them.



Nearly all schools follow rolling admissions policies; there is no denying that fact. Read any law school admissions guidebook if you seek confirmation.

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: Is There A Website...

Postby Kilpatrick » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:03 am

.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AFtoLawschool, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 6 guests