No Davey, you can't go to Yale.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lalalawya

No Davey, you can't go to Yale.

Postby lalalawya » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:38 pm

Soooo, someone had previously done this...but I thought it was fun and wanted to do one myself :). Obviously it is a complete exaggeration of what would really happen to someone with that high of a score...but I just think it's funny what some peoples reactions are to those who do have lower scores (by TLS standards, not normal :) ) and "lower" GPA'S http://goanimate.com/movie/0PN2OuMnoGO8/1 it takes a little to load.

I hope everyones cycle is going wonderfully and no one ends up like Davey!

**disclaimer...I don't actually believe in the "tier three toilet" thing by the way, and not at all against the URM boost.
Last edited by lalalawya on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DieAntwoord

Re: TLS: A Movie

Postby DieAntwoord » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:45 pm

it was very cute thank you

lalalawya

Postby lalalawya » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:50 pm

haha thanks. i'm trying to put off studying for finals..

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:00 pm

lalalawya wrote:Soooo, someone had previously done this...but I thought it was fun and wanted to do one myself :). Obviously it is a complete exaggeration of what would really happen to someone with that high of a score...but I just think it's funny what some peoples reactions are to those who do have lower scores (by TLS standards, not normal :) ) and "lower" GPA'S http://goanimate.com/movie/0PN2OuMnoGO8/1 it takes a little to load.

I hope everyones cycle is going wonderfully and no one ends up like Davey!

**disclaimer...I don't actually believe in the "tier three toilet" thing by the way, and not at all against the URM boost.

:lol: I got a chuckle out of that.

overunderachiever

Re: No Davey, you can't go to Yale.

Postby overunderachiever » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:56 pm

No, your supposed to say "retake or don't go to law school"

iphone7

Postby iphone7 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:00 am

ED to UVA

Shooter

Postby Shooter » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:08 am

I liked the video. Although I think it is unfortunate you had to put a disclaimer.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:46 am

Found it funnier because Davey's stats are very close to mine. I'm not getting into Cornell? :(

achilles

Postby achilles » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:50 am

funnyyy

what's worse is when people who don't really understand law school admissions ask me why i didn't apply to harvard/yale. and then i have to explain to them that a 170 isn't good enough. awk

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:55 am

achilles wrote:funnyyy

what's worse is when people who don't really understand law school admissions ask me why i didn't apply to harvard/yale. and then i have to explain to them that a 170 isn't good enough. awk

My prof thinks I'll get into Yale (I'm not even wasting the money to apply) and he was an T-6 law prof... its weird lol
I dont want to be like... did you not pay attention to admissions at all??? or do you think your T-6 and Yale are the same?

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:11 am

s0ph1e2007 wrote:

My prof thinks I'll get into Yale (I'm not even wasting the money to apply) and he was an T-6 law prof... its weird lol
I dont want to be like... did you not pay attention to admissions at all??? or do you think your T-6 and Yale are the same?

...says the 179 URM.

mst

Postby mst » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:06 am

way to steal my thread lol: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137775

lalalawya

Postby lalalawya » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:02 am

mst wrote:way to steal my thread lol: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137775

haha, I said in my OP that someone else had done this before! I just felt like making my own because I thought yours was funny :).

achilles

Postby achilles » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Ah mst I had missed yours before, also funnyy

I find that I get frustrated when I talk to people who are applying to law school but haven't been on TLS. My coworker is taking the LSAT today and hasn't even started writing essays or looked at apps. "well the apps aren't due for another few months". I just sighed and decided not to say anything

lalalawya

Postby lalalawya » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:26 pm

achilles wrote:

I find that I get frustrated when I talk to people who are applying to law school but haven't been on TLS. My coworker is taking the LSAT today and hasn't even started writing essays or looked at apps. "well the apps aren't due for another few months". I just sighed and decided not to say anything

No way? That is kinda scary...I hope I wasn't thatttt naive before finding this site though.

trudat15

Postby trudat15 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:43 pm

Hannibal wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:

...says the 179 URM.

Hannibal beat me to it, but why wouldnt you apply? I dont know how many URM 179s there are, but I'm sure it's not many. And as everyone here says, it's a black box. Who the hell knows what they're thinking.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:25 pm

trudat15 wrote:
Hannibal wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:

...says the 179 URM.

Hannibal beat me to it, but why wouldnt you apply? I dont know how many URM 179s there are, but I'm sure it's not many. And as everyone here says, it's a black box. Who the hell knows what they're thinking.

I third that. I think sophie is an autoadmit in Harvard and has great chances in Yale and Stanford.

deakon10

Postby deakon10 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:08 pm

lalalawya wrote:
achilles wrote:

No way? That is kinda scary...I hope I wasn't thatttt naive before finding this site though.

I *waS* that naive... I always laugh about it.. Before coming to TLS I was happy/satisfied with a Tier 3 school like Pace. After TLS I am uneasy about Tier 2 schools.

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:01 pm

Ragged wrote:
trudat15 wrote:
Hannibal wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:My prof thinks I'll get into Yale (I'm not even wasting the money to apply) and he was an T-6 law prof... its weird lol

...says the 179 URM.

I third that. I think sophie is an autoadmit in Harvard and has great chances in Yale and Stanford.

You all are really sweet :oops:
But nothing changes the facts. The lowest GPA Yale accepted last year was a 3.38. I have a 3.4... :/ I didn't save the president, I'm not an exiled princess, I don't know what the cure to cancer is and I have not succeeded in my efforts to save all the endangered species in the world.
I am hoping, praying, I get into Harvard. It would be so amazing, and I would love you all forever :) hehe. But Yale's not really realistic. Don't overestimate URM boost. Floors exist.
Thanks though :D you all are really nice.

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Did you at least apply? Sure, the chance is low. But a 5% chance at Yale is worth a shot.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”