1 LoR in, one MIA, do I submit now? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gmreplay

Bronze

1 LoR in, one MIA, do I submit now?

Post by gmreplay » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:40 pm

One of my LoRs finally arrived to LSAC and was processed. Strangely the one submitted on the 30th got processed before the one on the 29th, even though they were mailed from the same building. In any case, time is running very short now, so I'm wondering should I just submit my apps now and then attach the other LoR when it is processed, or should I just wait for the second one? Mind you today is Friday, so at best I've got two days for processing left this week.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Re: 1 LoR in, one MIA, do I submit now?

Post by whymeohgodno » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:51 pm

gmreplay wrote:One of my LoRs finally arrived to LSAC and was processed. Strangely the one submitted on the 30th got processed before the one on the 29th, even though they were mailed from the same building. In any case, time is running very short now, so I'm wondering should I just submit my apps now and then attach the other LoR when it is processed, or should I just wait for the second one? Mind you today is Friday, so at best I've got two days for processing left this week.
Fax.

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:54 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
gmreplay wrote:One of my LoRs finally arrived to LSAC and was processed. Strangely the one submitted on the 30th got processed before the one on the 29th, even though they were mailed from the same building. In any case, time is running very short now, so I'm wondering should I just submit my apps now and then attach the other LoR when it is processed, or should I just wait for the second one? Mind you today is Friday, so at best I've got two days for processing left this week.
Fax.
This. General Rule: submit applications as early as you reasonably can.

gmreplay

Bronze

Post by gmreplay » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:25 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
Fax.

Elaborate please. I'm submitting my LoRs through LSAC.

mpj_3050

Bronze

Post by mpj_3050 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:31 pm

Get your recommender to fax the letter along with the paper you gave them. As long as the barcode is legible LSAC can process it quickly. And you can turn in the applications and attach the letter later when it is processed. Admissions people I talked to didn't seem to mind.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gmreplay

Bronze

Post by gmreplay » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:38 pm

mpj_3050 wrote:Get your recommender to fax the letter along with the paper you gave them. As long as the barcode is legible LSAC can process it quickly. And you can turn in the applications and attach the letter later when it is processed. Admissions people I talked to didn't seem to mind.

I've waited nearly ten days and 1 of the two letters is already processed, so it seems kind of late in the game to bother with that. Both letters were sent out on the 29th/30th, so they don't even have the LSAC barcode sheet anymore. In any case I'm really just asking about whether I should submit now and attach the letter when it shows up today or tomorrow, or whether I should just wait for them both to get in.

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:41 pm

gmreplay wrote:
I've waited nearly ten days and 1 of the two letters is already processed, so it seems kind of late in the game to bother with that. Both letters were sent out on the 29th/30th, so they don't even have the LSAC barcode sheet anymore. In any case I'm really just asking about whether I should submit now and attach the letter when it shows up today or tomorrow, or whether I should just wait for them both to get in.
And what if the LOR doesn't turn up, you don't go complete and your application sits at the bottom of the pile until mid February?

Email your LOR writer another copy of the coversheet. Apologize for inconveniencing them, and ask if they would be so kind as to fax a copy to LSAC.

Either way, yes - submit as soon as you can. Send the LOR as soon as it appears on your account.

gmreplay

Bronze

Post by gmreplay » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:45 pm

albanach wrote:
gmreplay wrote:
And what if the LOR doesn't turn up, you don't go complete and your application sits at the bottom of the pile until mid February?

Email your LOR writer another copy of the coversheet. Apologize for inconveniencing them, and ask if they would be so kind as to fax a copy to LSAC.

Either way, yes - submit as soon as you can. Send the LOR as soon as it appears on your account.
I don't mean to badger you but I still haven't had my question answered. Is it possible and advisable for me to submit the app right now, with only one LoR attached, and to attach the second one when it arrives?

gmreplay

Bronze

Post by gmreplay » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:55 pm

Can someone confirm that 215-504-1444 is still the LSAC LoR fax number? I'm going to have the prof fax it after all. LSAC still has no record of the letter.

Also, what's the best way to email the LoR form to my prof? I'm trying to save it but it saves as a .aspx file that I can't open.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:00 pm

gmreplay wrote:Can someone confirm that 215-504-1444 is still the LSAC LoR fax number? I'm going to have the prof fax it after all. LSAC still has no record of the letter.

yes that's it. mine was sent and processed in less than an hour the day before thanksgiving.

PS submit NOWNOWNOW, you're putting yourself at a serious disadvantage the later you submit esp if you have borderline numbers. LSAC will send the updated report with the new LOR as soon as it posts. GOGOGOGO! HTH, good luck!

gmreplay

Bronze

Post by gmreplay » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:06 pm

Gotti wrote:
gmreplay wrote:Can someone confirm that 215-504-1444 is still the LSAC LoR fax number? I'm going to have the prof fax it after all. LSAC still has no record of the letter.

yes that's it. mine was sent and processed in less than an hour the day before thanksgiving.

PS submit NOWNOWNOW, you're putting yourself at a serious disadvantage the later you submit esp if you have borderline numbers. LSAC will send the updated report with the new LOR as soon as it posts. GOGOGOGO! HTH, good luck!

I'm at or above the 75th percentile for the places I want to go, but I still want to get my apps in asap. I was hoping to have them in by the 4th, but the LSAC is going so slowly.

Again, any suggestions for getting this form to my professor? I'm currently trying to print screen, write my name on a piece of paper, scan the paper in, then edit my name into the signature box, then attach and mail it. There has to be a simpler way.

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:09 pm

gmreplay wrote:
Gotti wrote:

I'm at or above the 75th percentile for the places I want to go, but I still want to get my apps in asap. I was hoping to have them in by the 4th, but the LSAC is going so slowly.

Again, any suggestions for getting this form to my professor? I'm currently trying to print screen, write my name on a piece of paper, scan the paper in, then edit my name into the signature box, then attach and mail it. There has to be a simpler way.
Whoa too much process. Print the form. Sign it. Scan it to prof. Done.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:09 pm

gmreplay wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Wait what???? Are you talking about the LSAC LOR form? Print it, sign/date/whatever it, scan it & email it to him

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gmreplay

Bronze

Post by gmreplay » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:11 pm

Gotti wrote:
gmreplay wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Wait what???? Are you talking about the LSAC LOR form? Print it, sign/date/whatever it, scan it & email it to him
Yeah I suppose I could print the document and scan it. I was only considering getting the form from their site to the email without printing it. Thanks.

Edit: Oh man, this is funny. All of the information in the "From" area at the bottom of the form is backwards and upside down. Looks fine on my screen, prints upside down and backwards. But only that section. What. The. Fuck.

Double edit: And when I print it from another computer it doesn't even bother to print the bottom section that lists the professor's name. Looks like I am going to have to do my original, overcomplex method. Christ.

gmreplay

Bronze

Post by gmreplay » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:50 pm

I just sent off the email to my prof letting her know that I'd like her to fax it. Does the LSAC process LoRs on Saturday?

Should I just submit my apps tonight and attach her letter when it becomes available?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”