NYU Scholarship Essays HELP!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bananaboat29

NYU Scholarship Essays HELP!

Postby bananaboat29 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:31 pm

Hi, so I'm, a total idiot and I checked a couple of the NYU scholarship boxes without realizing that I needed to submit essays AT THE TIME OF MY APPLICATION. Now my application is under review and I don't know what to do. Do you think it looks terrible if I withdraw from consideration on those scholarships now? Don't want to rush to write them now (don't think I would get them anyway). Help!

Knock

Re: NYU Scholarship Essays HELP!

Postby Knock » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:22 pm

bananaboat29 wrote:Hi, so I'm, a total idiot and I checked a couple of the NYU scholarship boxes without realizing that I needed to submit essays AT THE TIME OF MY APPLICATION. Now my application is under review and I don't know what to do. Do you think it looks terrible if I withdraw from consideration on those scholarships now? Don't want to rush to write them now (don't think I would get them anyway). Help!

If you're not planning on applying for them, i'd just shoot them a brief, professional email, requesting that you be withdrawn from consideration from whatever scholarship you checked the box for. I don't think it will be a big deal or hurt your application. Good luck.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:31 pm

NYU scholarship essays are due January 1st. You don't need to submit them with your application. Unless the woman in the admissions office was telling me lies. Which is entirely possible.

But yeah. For future reference, before you freak out, just call the admissions office. They're usually super chill. I think they take a lot of valium to be able to deal with goofball applicants.

bananaboat29

Postby bananaboat29 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:37 pm

Thanks so much to you both. As long as I have until January 1, maybe I will give the essays a shot. Do you think it's possible that they could hold up my application at all?

[Edited for typo]
Last edited by bananaboat29 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:40 pm

bananaboat29 wrote:Thanks so much to you both. As long as I have until January 1, maybe I will give it a the essays a shot. Do you think it's possible that they could hold up my application at all?

I don't think they would, but I think ahduth's response was right on the money. Perhaps you should give the admissions office a phone call.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”