Deposits...Just making sure Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
allah6969

New

Deposits...Just making sure

Post by allah6969 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:46 pm

This probably sounds like a really stupid question, but I just want to be clear on this. The deposit that a school asks for to preserve your seat in the class should be paid only if I intend to attend that school, correct? I didn't know if paying the deposit was a way to show them you were interested or if it would influence any scholarship offers, or if it was strictly a way to say "I plan to enroll." Sorry if it's a dumb question.

NZA

Silver

Re: Deposits...Just making sure

Post by NZA » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:13 pm

allah6969 wrote:This probably sounds like a really stupid question, but I just want to be clear on this. The deposit that a school asks for to preserve your seat in the class should be paid only if I intend to attend that school, correct? I didn't know if paying the deposit was a way to show them you were interested or if it would influence any scholarship offers, or if it was strictly a way to say "I plan to enroll." Sorry if it's a dumb question.
No question is a dumb question. :) Contrary to popular TLS belief, it seems...

Anyway, no. Send the deposit to the school you plan on attending.

If you feel you need to spend the extra money, you can send it via Paypal to me, NZA. PM for details.

mr_pink

New

Post by mr_pink » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:05 am

Kind of off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread. I just looked at my online status checker for St. Thomas, and it said "Congratulations you've been admitted" then I looked at the seat deposit section and the due date is listed as 4/15/2010. It's obviously a mistake but I'm wondering if it will cause any problems if I end up going there. Also, I still haven't gotten any e-mail or letter saying I've been accepted and the decision was made on 12/6

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:17 am

mr_pink wrote:Kind of off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread. I just looked at my online status checker for St. Thomas, and it said "Congratulations you've been admitted" then I looked at the seat deposit section and the due date is listed as 4/15/2010. It's obviously a mistake but I'm wondering if it will cause any problems if I end up going there. Also, I still haven't gotten any e-mail or letter saying I've been accepted and the decision was made on 12/6
You should email the admissions office and ask. I doubt it will be an issue but you might as well play it on the safe side and point out their mistake so they can fix it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”