Informing schools that Fall 2010 grades will be submitted Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
unattended bag

New

Informing schools that Fall 2010 grades will be submitted

Post by unattended bag » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:36 pm

I'd like to send my fall grades to the law schools I applied to. It should raise my cumulative gpa from <3.0 to 3.0, so it's obviously important to me that they see this. Should I e-mail the schools and let them know I will be updating my LSDAS account with these grades once they are released, or is it better to not bother them?

Thanks in advance.

im_blue

Gold

Re: Informing schools that Fall 2010 grades will be submitted

Post by im_blue » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:44 pm

I don't think you need to tell them, since LSAC will automatically send out updated reports with the new transcripts and GPA to each of the law schools.

unattended bag

New

Post by unattended bag » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:47 pm

im_blue wrote:I don't think you need to tell them, since LSAC will automatically send out updated reports with the new transcripts and GPA to each of the law schools.
Thanks for the reply. That's true, but they might make a decision before they see those grades if they aren't expecting them.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:48 pm

unattended bag wrote:
im_blue wrote:I don't think you need to tell them, since LSAC will automatically send out updated reports with the new transcripts and GPA to each of the law schools.
Thanks for the reply. That's true, but they might make a decision before they see those grades if they aren't expecting them.
Since you're going from <3.0 to >3.0, I would ask the schools to hold off on making any decisions until the new grades are in, because any decision made now will almost certainly be a rejection.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”