? about L.O.R..

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

? about L.O.R..

Postby CrapShoot39 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:07 pm

Just had LOR fall through that I thought I had...I need to find another professor to write one, my question is, should I wait until Jan to ask? Or should I go ahead and send out some emails asking? If I ask now during finals with the holidays approaching I'm afraid it won't be received well. Anybody had any experience with this?

Re: ? about L.O.R..

Postby StillHerexxx » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:11 pm

It will be tough the next couple of weeks. I asked my two LORs three months ago and one finally sent their's today, but the other is bogged down with finals and hoping to get it out friday. I would ask as soon as possible incase something like this does happen. They understand the process, they had to do the same thing too.

bport hopeful

Re: ? about L.O.R..

Postby bport hopeful » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:11 pm

I just recently asked some of my professors for LORs with the same fear. They were all quite friendly and received it quite well. One of my profs actually told me that it only takes her a couple days to finish one, even with all of her other daily activities. If you performed well for them it shouldn't be an issue. And if you wait, your schools will have to wait, and the end of January is pushing it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”