screw NU interview up, is there no chance to get into? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
time_older

New

screw NU interview up, is there no chance to get into?

Post by time_older » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:23 pm

AJD applicant. took on-campus interview last week. preform very bad. Frustrated!

I have excellent test grade, GPA (much higher than last year admitted student average )and solid 6 years management working experience. Is there any chance I still can get into?

Thanks!

homestyle28

Gold

Re: screw NU interview up, is there no chance to get into?

Post by homestyle28 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:25 pm

yes. The interview is important, but not THAT important. Unless you said things like, "I want to be a lawyer so I can defend myself from pedophilia charges."

time_older

New

Post by time_older » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:36 pm

homestyle28 wrote:yes. The interview is important, but not THAT important. Unless you said things like, "I want to be a lawyer so I can defend myself from pedophilia charges."
Thanks. My problem is: I am a international applicant and my spoken english is broken……

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:55 pm

time_older wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:yes. The interview is important, but not THAT important. Unless you said things like, "I want to be a lawyer so I can defend myself from pedophilia charges."
Thanks. My problem is: I am a international applicant and my spoken english is broken……
I think that'll help you even more.

gambelda

Bronze

Post by gambelda » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:16 pm

I speak with a lot of people from the Belgium area who always believe they are terrible at English and really struggle but in fact do quite well. It's just perception because you are comparing your 2nd language to how well you speak in your first or how well a native English speaker does. I'm sure you'll be considered still if your numbers are competitive and you have experience.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hokie

Bronze

Post by hokie » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:23 pm

time_older wrote:
this definitely works in your favor; I'm sure they understand the constraints/difficulties interviewing in your second language. If your numbers are competitive, I wouldn't sweat it

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:55 pm

gambelda wrote:I speak with a lot of people from the Belgium area who always believe they are terrible at English and really struggle but in fact do quite well. It's just perception because you are comparing your 2nd language to how well you speak in your first or how well a native English speaker does. I'm sure you'll be considered still if your numbers are competitive and you have experience.
I do too! Same exact story.

time_older

New

Post by time_older » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:31 pm

Thank you guys! you are so nice and comforting. The interview is over. I think I should move on and focus on the rest part of application.

furrywalls

New

Post by furrywalls » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:33 am

time_older wrote:Thank you guys! you are so nice and comforting. The interview is over. I think I should move on and focus on the rest part of application.
Now I can picture exactly how you sounded

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lshamlet

Bronze

Post by lshamlet » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:47 am

time_older, you'll be fine! I bet you didn't do as badly as you imagined, like another poster said. They will understand that English isn't your first language. Relax and let us know if you get in :)

time_older

New

Post by time_older » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:22 am

lshamlet wrote:time_older, you'll be fine! I bet you didn't do as badly as you imagined, like another poster said. They will understand that English isn't your first language. Relax and let us know if you get in :)

Thank you!

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:34 pm

I have a friend who vomited just before her interview due to a hangover and had her interviewer call her out on smelling like booze. Go NU class of 2013!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”