0 Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
shotsfired12

Bronze

Post by shotsfired12 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:06 pm

redacted.
Last edited by shotsfired12 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ATR

Silver

Re: Vanderbilt Interview Help!

Post by ATR » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:11 pm

I did one in-person with an alumnus... it was very casual. I wouldn't worry about being grilled about too much. Be able to articulate why you want to attend Vanderbilt and your interest in the law, be personable, and you should be fine.

mrmangs

Silver

Post by mrmangs » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:12 pm

For me, it was really informal and pleasant (I did it over the phone... I think there is a thread somewhere on TLS in which others report similar experiences). I wouldn't stress or worry. I think all the interviews are conducted by alumni (mine was, at least), and more likely than not he will touch on items in your resume. I would just be prepared for typical interview questions (e.g., "why law?," "why Vandy?," "what are your strengths/weaknesses?") and be comfortable discussing what's on your resume. Since it should be with an alumnus, the best conversations are most likely going to flow from asking him about what he does, how he got there, what heliked about Vandy and what role it played in his career, etc.

jwaters

Bronze

Post by jwaters » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:14 pm

Last edited by jwaters on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

langdonbadger

New

Post by langdonbadger » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:16 pm

Mine was super easy. It was in a coffee shop and like everyone else said, super casual. Spent as much time talking about my interviewer's experience at Vandy as about me. All they really want to know is why law, why Vandy, and are you a sociopath.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:35 pm

Can you choose to have the interview over the phone?

mrmangs

Silver

Post by mrmangs » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:43 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:Can you choose to have the interview over the phone?
Yup... You should be able to select this option when setting up your interview via Vandy's website. You can also do it after the fact (just ask your assigned interviewer if he/she is amenable doing it over the phone).

lastch2

Bronze

Post by lastch2 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:34 pm

just did mine recently, really not bad at all. make sure you know your resume and why you are proud/chose to put certain things on it...that was basically the extent of my "interview" questions. the rest was mostly chatting. good luck!

awilson11

Bronze

Post by awilson11 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:44 pm

Did you guys write thank you emails to your interviewers? Mine was REALLY casual, spent a lot of the time talking about being involved with Greek life (he told me stories from his undergrad, we held the same position in our houses). I feel like a formal thank you letter would be out of place after our interview.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”