Typo in Resume.....F**K!!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tepper

Typo in Resume.....F**K!!

Postby tepper » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:42 am

I just discovered a small typo in my resume, instead of saying "due diligence", I wrote "duel diligence". sigh....I've already sent out all my apps and needless to say I'm a little worried about it.

Is it actually ok to say "duel diligence"? or does it have to be "due diligence"? I googled it both terms are used by people....

glitched

Re: Typo in Resume.....FUCK!!

Postby glitched » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:51 am

they might be impressed by your duel diligence... not many people really duel anymore. Unless it's yale, it probably doesn't matter. pointing it out will do exactly that - point it out. and then they'll have to acknowledge it.

tepper

Postby tepper » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:53 am

I'm definitely not planning to notice the schools for that, so you think it's unlikely that it'll matter?

glitched

Postby glitched » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:08 am

i guess it really all depends. if your resume isn't that good and looks like crap, then that typo could really have an effect because it will just make you look sloppy. But if it looks great, formatted well and organized overall, then that typo won't mean as much. And if you have multiple typos elsewhere on the application, then yeah... it's going to be a problem. but if you're sure everything else on your app is pretty clean, then doode just chill and stop worrying about anything. Enjoy your life before admissions come out - it could be a bumpy ride (hoping that its not! :)).

mst

Postby mst » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:17 am

Just write a LOCI after you get waitlisted about how you were recently promoted to President of the Dueling club at your school, and were awarded the white glove of honor for your commitment and diligence.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”