Thank You Letters to LORs (When?) Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Arbiter213

Gold

Re: Thank You Letters to LORs (When?)

Post by Arbiter213 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:36 am

awahoya wrote:I'm abroad in a country that loves little gifts (Japan), so buying/sending each something small and super regional (fans made/dyed in my area, letters written on handmade paper from my area)
なぜ日本にいるか?

I definitely appreciate the Japanese gift giving culture- wish I'd thought far enough ahead to bring stuff back for these letter writers.

awahoya

Bronze

Post by awahoya » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:00 am

Arbiter213 wrote:
なぜ日本にいるか?
去年8月からJETに入っている。大学を卒業してから英語教えに来た。 :)

vaperera

New

Post by vaperera » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:04 pm

I spent about $10 each, on a box of Godiva chocolates, and I just sent mine doubling as a holiday card and letting them know that I got into my first choice school.

starrydreamz3

Silver

Post by starrydreamz3 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:47 pm

One of my Prof's just emailed me with a subject line "Georgetown Letter of Recommendation" and the subject "Is there something you wanted to tell me?"

I guess he wanted more up to date responses from me. I guess I know who's the first person to find out when this NYU decision finally gets delivered.

I wonder how he found out I got into Georgetown...(Poli Sci Profs have NINJA STALKING skills.)

Sentry

Silver

Post by Sentry » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:02 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:One of my Prof's just emailed me with a subject line "Georgetown Letter of Recommendation" and the subject "Is there something you wanted to tell me?"

I guess he wanted more up to date responses from me. I guess I know who's the first person to find out when this NYU decision finally gets delivered.

I wonder how he found out I got into Georgetown...(Poli Sci Profs have NINJA STALKING skills.)
Georgetown sent an email to our recommenders.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HowdyYall

Bronze

Post by HowdyYall » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:05 pm

Sentry wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:One of my Prof's just emailed me with a subject line "Georgetown Letter of Recommendation" and the subject "Is there something you wanted to tell me?"

just realized that after my professor emailed me

starrydreamz3

Silver

Post by starrydreamz3 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:05 pm

Sentry wrote:

Tricksy hobbitses.

RTFM

Bronze

Post by RTFM » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:15 am

starrydreamz3 wrote:
Sentry wrote:

Tricksy hobbitses.
My recommender also forwarded the e-mail to me and all he wrote was "Uh-hmm..." Now I feel super awkward for not updating him myself. Necessary, Georgetown?

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:04 pm

RTFM wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:
Sentry wrote:

Tricksy hobbitses.
My recommender also forwarded the e-mail to me and all he wrote was "Uh-hmm..." Now I feel super awkward for not updating him myself. Necessary, Georgetown?
Yeah. Seriously awkward. That happened to me too. I sent back an e-mail being like, "Oh I wanted to hear back from more places before updating you!"

I just didn't want to like...stalkerishly send an update every couple weeks. But maybe that needs to be the game plan from here on out? :/

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:50 pm

dulcatis wrote:Yeah. Seriously awkward. That happened to me too. I sent back an e-mail being like, "Oh I wanted to hear back from more places before updating you!"

I just didn't want to like...stalkerishly send an update every couple weeks. But maybe that needs to be the game plan from here on out? :/
No. You can email them saying the schools will send out spam, and apologize for it - just tell them to ignore it. That's not at all classy on Georgetown's part, you think they'd know better.

Let them know any actual relevant information will come from you - if they actually want regular updates, then you're screwed, but whatever.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”