Thank You Letters to LORs (When?)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Arbiter213

Re: Thank You Letters to LORs (When?)

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:36 am

awahoya wrote:I'm abroad in a country that loves little gifts (Japan), so buying/sending each something small and super regional (fans made/dyed in my area, letters written on handmade paper from my area)

なぜ日本にいるか?

I definitely appreciate the Japanese gift giving culture- wish I'd thought far enough ahead to bring stuff back for these letter writers.

awahoya

Postby awahoya » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:00 am

Arbiter213 wrote:
なぜ日本にいるか?

去年8月からJETに入っている。大学を卒業してから英語教えに来た。 :)

vaperera

Postby vaperera » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:04 pm

I spent about $10 each, on a box of Godiva chocolates, and I just sent mine doubling as a holiday card and letting them know that I got into my first choice school.

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:47 pm

One of my Prof's just emailed me with a subject line "Georgetown Letter of Recommendation" and the subject "Is there something you wanted to tell me?"

I guess he wanted more up to date responses from me. I guess I know who's the first person to find out when this NYU decision finally gets delivered.

I wonder how he found out I got into Georgetown...(Poli Sci Profs have NINJA STALKING skills.)

Sentry

Postby Sentry » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:02 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:One of my Prof's just emailed me with a subject line "Georgetown Letter of Recommendation" and the subject "Is there something you wanted to tell me?"

I guess he wanted more up to date responses from me. I guess I know who's the first person to find out when this NYU decision finally gets delivered.

I wonder how he found out I got into Georgetown...(Poli Sci Profs have NINJA STALKING skills.)

Georgetown sent an email to our recommenders.

HowdyYall

Postby HowdyYall » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:05 pm

Sentry wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:One of my Prof's just emailed me with a subject line "Georgetown Letter of Recommendation" and the subject "Is there something you wanted to tell me?"

just realized that after my professor emailed me

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:05 pm

Sentry wrote:

Tricksy hobbitses.

RTFM

Postby RTFM » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:15 am

starrydreamz3 wrote:
Sentry wrote:

Tricksy hobbitses.

My recommender also forwarded the e-mail to me and all he wrote was "Uh-hmm..." Now I feel super awkward for not updating him myself. Necessary, Georgetown?

Postby 4102011 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:04 pm

RTFM wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:
Sentry wrote:

Tricksy hobbitses.

My recommender also forwarded the e-mail to me and all he wrote was "Uh-hmm..." Now I feel super awkward for not updating him myself. Necessary, Georgetown?

Yeah. Seriously awkward. That happened to me too. I sent back an e-mail being like, "Oh I wanted to hear back from more places before updating you!"

I just didn't want to like...stalkerishly send an update every couple weeks. But maybe that needs to be the game plan from here on out? :/

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:50 pm

dulcatis wrote:Yeah. Seriously awkward. That happened to me too. I sent back an e-mail being like, "Oh I wanted to hear back from more places before updating you!"

I just didn't want to like...stalkerishly send an update every couple weeks. But maybe that needs to be the game plan from here on out? :/

No. You can email them saying the schools will send out spam, and apologize for it - just tell them to ignore it. That's not at all classy on Georgetown's part, you think they'd know better.

Let them know any actual relevant information will come from you - if they actually want regular updates, then you're screwed, but whatever.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”