Submitting LOR after I've Submitted the Application

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JenBunny

Submitting LOR after I've Submitted the Application

Postby JenBunny » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:04 am

I have one LoR that has been processed through LSAC, but my second letter has been delayed and I'm getting anxious about how late it's getting in the application cycle! Long story short, my LoR is coming from the UK, but I'm not there at the moment. My professor tried to fax the letter two weeks ago, but it never showed up in my file. So, a week ago I arranged to have FedEx pick it up from the department but due to all of the snow in the UK (and their complete inability to drive in it) FedEx has not picked it up yet. I'm hoping they will pick it up Monday, but there is no guarantee.

Anyways, my question is, if I go ahead and submit my applications, once the LoR arrives and is processed by LSAC, will there be a way that I can have LSAC send the letter on to the different law schools I have already applied to? Or would I have to have the letter sent to each school individually by my professor? That would be prohibitively expensive since the only way I can get a pre-paid international envelope is through FedEx at around $90 a pop....

Thanks in advance for any tips or info!

Eugenie Danglars

Re: Submitting LOR after I've Submitted the Application

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:36 am

JenBunny wrote:I have one LoR that has been processed through LSAC, but my second letter has been delayed and I'm getting anxious about how late it's getting in the application cycle! Long story short, my LoR is coming from the UK, but I'm not there at the moment. My professor tried to fax the letter two weeks ago, but it never showed up in my file. So, a week ago I arranged to have FedEx pick it up from the department but due to all of the snow in the UK (and their complete inability to drive in it) FedEx has not picked it up yet. I'm hoping they will pick it up Monday, but there is no guarantee.

Anyways, my question is, if I go ahead and submit my applications, once the LoR arrives and is processed by LSAC, will there be a way that I can have LSAC send the letter on to the different law schools I have already applied to? Or would I have to have the letter sent to each school individually by my professor? That would be prohibitively expensive since the only way I can get a pre-paid international envelope is through FedEx at around $90 a pop....

Thanks in advance for any tips or info!

LSAC will send the letter on for you once it shows up on the website and you add it to the schools. I believe it shows up as an updated a report. No need to send it to the individual schools, and it would take longer that way anyhow. LSAC sends out an updated report the day after you assign the LOR.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”