Should I do this and contact Admissions?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ISTAND

Should I do this and contact Admissions?

Postby ISTAND » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:35 am

I applied for the first time this year. I had taken the LSAT a few years ago and thought the score was pretty good but now after reading all the recommendations to re-take and seeing some schools prefer more recent scores I am in a panic and think it would look better to retake it so it shows more effort. Should I sign up for the Feb test and inform the schools I've applied to that I plan to retake it? Or is it too late? Or will it look worse and unorganized? I shouldve looked into all this beforehand. Or should I apply to different schools and leave those as is?

Knock

Re: Should I do this and contact Admissions?

Postby Knock » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:39 am

ISTAND wrote:I applied for the first time this year. I had taken the LSAT a few years ago and thought the score was pretty good but now after reading all the recommendations to re-take and seeing some schools prefer more recent scores I am in a panic and think it would look better to retake it so it shows more effort. Should I sign up for the Feb test and inform the schools I've applied to that I plan to retake it? Or is it too late? Or will it look worse and unorganized? I shouldve looked into all this beforehand. Or should I apply to different schools and leave those as is?

If you are happy with your score from a few years ago, then there is no reason to retake the LSAT merely because you are worried that schools will look negatively upon your "old" LSAT score.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:40 am

I think you should do it, maybe, or if you don't or do do it that thing you said then I would say that shows more effort. Or maybe retake and do do it and if you don't not do it then you could reapply?

Hope this helps.

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:15 am

ISTAND wrote:I applied for the first time this year. I had taken the LSAT a few years ago and thought the score was pretty good but now after reading all the recommendations to re-take and seeing some schools prefer more recent scores I am in a panic and think it would look better to retake it so it shows more effort. Should I sign up for the Feb test and inform the schools I've applied to that I plan to retake it? Or is it too late? Or will it look worse and unorganized? I shouldve looked into all this beforehand. Or should I apply to different schools and leave those as is?

1. Calm down

2. Have you applied this cycle? Are you happy with where you are going/where you believe you may get in to?

3. Effort? I honestly don't know where you're pulling that from. Law schools won't consider "effort" with a retake. They'll consider whatever new score you get.

4. If you can score higher, and want to get into a school with the higher score/median, go for it. Hard to give much advice beyond that not knowing your #s.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”