Do I need to send an addendum?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
yngblkgifted

Do I need to send an addendum?

Postby yngblkgifted » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:48 am

So I have already applied to about 10 schools and every time I uploaded my resume the font would be different and a little misaligned and there would be no bold or italics. I thought this was just an LSAC issue and since it was readable, I left it alone (mistake).

So as I applied to one of my last schools tonight, I decided to change the font on my resume, and low and behold, it uploaded perfectly on LSAC. Of course if I could pick one school that my resume looked kinda shitty on, it would be that school I just applied to, not the other 10!!!

I don't know why I did not try that in the first place...I feel like an idiot. It's not like the other schools can't read my resume...it just doesn't look as pretty.

Do I need to send all of the schools a copy of my nice looking resume from Word, or should I just leave it alone. Am I screwed either way?

Sean Bateman

Re: Do I need to send an addendum?

Postby Sean Bateman » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:55 am

addendum now! the font on your resume is definitely going to be the deciding factor for most schools

yngblkgifted

Postby yngblkgifted » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:59 am

Sean Bateman wrote:addendum now! the font on your resume is definitely going to be the deciding factor for most schools

The sad thing is, my heart skipped a beat I was immediately going to start my emails. I was so blinded by my own anxiety that I could not even see the sarcasm at first....

But seriously....should I just send them a copy because the other one would be much easier to read?

Edit: I can't wait until I am a 1L and can fuck with all of the 0Ls :)

ISTAND

Postby ISTAND » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 am

It might do more harm than good. For instance it might look like you were sloppy and didn't pay attention to how it looked the first time around and think you can just take it upon yourself to make changes, re-send it and expect to take up their time comparing the two to see why you went through the trouble and if you changed any info etc. I'd personally leave it alone and not think about it. There are tons of things you could do differently the more you work on it but once it's sent, it's sent is my opinion. Others may differ.

yngblkgifted

Postby yngblkgifted » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:31 pm

ISTAND wrote:It might do more harm than good. For instance it might look like you were sloppy and didn't pay attention to how it looked the first time around and think you can just take it upon yourself to make changes, re-send it and expect to take up their time comparing the two to see why you went through the trouble and if you changed any info etc. I'd personally leave it alone and not think about it. There are tons of things you could do differently the more you work on it but once it's sent, it's sent is my opinion. Others may differ.

This did cross my mind. Does anyone think there is a way to spin an addendum to make it not do any harm. Couldn't I say something about how it did not upload correctly on to LSAC and here is a copy that you may find easier to read?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also - I sent these last weekend...so that may also look strange if I just send it now.

yngblkgifted

Postby yngblkgifted » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:22 pm

bump

yngblkgifted

Postby yngblkgifted » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:48 pm

anyone else have any thoughts on my situation?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”