Amazing advices

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ThreeYears

Amazing advices

Postby ThreeYears » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:51 am

I am sure many of you have read it, but for those who hasn't come across it, here is the link:

http://www.law.nyu.edu/admissions/jdadm ... /index.htm

whymeohgodno

Re: Amazing advices

Postby whymeohgodno » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:05 am

"mistake like the one I will describe happens with alarming frequency. We see an application from a candidate who writes a very detailed statement that makes references to why a particular law school is a perfect fit for them, how they will contribute to the student body, and that the law school is the candidate’s absolute first choice. The problem is that the name of the school cited in the essay is not the one to which the candidate submitted the application." -NYU Dean

lololol.

txadv11

Postby txadv11 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:52 am

Before I found TLS, I read a few of those "get in to law school" books :roll:

I remember a chapter on Q and A from top law school deans. One of them said each year the school gets a couple of people who make power point presentations and send in home movies begging to get into a program.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:34 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:"mistake like the one I will describe happens with alarming frequency. We see an application from a candidate who writes a very detailed statement that makes references to why a particular law school is a perfect fit for them, how they will contribute to the student body, and that the law school is the candidate’s absolute first choice. The problem is that the name of the school cited in the essay is not the one to which the candidate submitted the application." -NYU Dean

lololol.

Don't laugh too hard!

fugitivejammer

Postby fugitivejammer » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:44 pm

r6_philly wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:"mistake like the one I will describe happens with alarming frequency. We see an application from a candidate who writes a very detailed statement that makes references to why a particular law school is a perfect fit for them, how they will contribute to the student body, and that the law school is the candidate’s absolute first choice. The problem is that the name of the school cited in the essay is not the one to which the candidate submitted the application." -NYU Dean

lololol.

Don't laugh too hard!

she may have had an aneurysm. Hm...did i spell that right....aneurism...aneurysm...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”