Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby r6_philly » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:10 am

FlanAl wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Fingerscrossed27


Thanks! good for him.

I wish my son is smarter than that, but if he is not, I will use our Ivy legacy cards to death.

User avatar
Patriot1208
Posts: 7044
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby Patriot1208 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:10 am

ahduth wrote:
FlanAl wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Fingerscrossed27


This looks like a flame.

Edit: not your post, but the LSN poster.


We talked about this before, yales website says they admitted someone with a 158 so probably not. And this would explain it.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby r6_philly » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:11 am

ahduth wrote:
I am going to call myself out for some very subtle B trolling in my above thread, in case anyone missed it. I think that school exists in a separate space in my mind, just because its admissions process seems so very reasonable. Examining candidates with a view to creating an intellectually sophisticated and diverse student body?

Too reasonable. There, I'm simply going to be denied admission because I applied after Thanksgiving lol.


Haha I actually agree with this. I don't think student committee will appreciate very reasonable people.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby beachbum » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:11 am

ahduth wrote:
FlanAl wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Fingerscrossed27


This looks like a flame.

Edit: not your post, but the LSN poster.


It appears to be legit, as Yale lists the lowest LSAT in the Class of 2013 as 158.

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby im_blue » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:11 am

Patriot1208 wrote:
ahduth wrote:
FlanAl wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Fingerscrossed27


This looks like a flame.

Edit: not your post, but the LSN poster.


We talked about this before, yales website says they admitted someone with a 158 so probably not. And this would explain it.

It's even more extraordinary that he didn't even hit their median GPA, and is most likely not URM given the 2 generations of legacy.

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby whymeohgodno » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:15 am

im_blue wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
ahduth wrote:
FlanAl wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Fingerscrossed27


This looks like a flame.

Edit: not your post, but the LSN poster.


We talked about this before, yales website says they admitted someone with a 158 so probably not. And this would explain it.

It's even more extraordinary that he didn't even hit their median GPA, and is most likely not URM given the 2 generations of legacy.


Even if he was URM that's still a ridiculously low LSAT for Yale (even with legacy).

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby ahduth » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:15 am

I guess I always forget how they bend over and grab their ankles for the Bushes and folks like that.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby r6_philly » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:16 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
Even if he was URM that's still a ridiculously low LSAT for Yale (even with legacy).


I think you are underestimating some levels of Ivy legacy. I for one am the least bit surprised.

lifeasweknowit
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:01 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby lifeasweknowit » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:21 am

atresia wrote:
ahduth wrote:What the hell are amazing softs. Beanie babies? Some sort of feminine hygiene product?

I want to understand the premise of these discussions.

Amazing softs, off the top of my head:

Olympic medal
Held highly-competitive elected office
Award-winning musician, artist, etc.
Professional athlete
Significant military accomplishments
Unique work experience

Softs that, while impressive, likely won't help much (if at all):

SGA president
Honors thesis
Club president
Varsity athlete (without acclaim)


ugh, I really could use an oscar right now...

ATR
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby ATR » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:22 am

lifeasweknowit wrote:
atresia wrote:
ahduth wrote:What the hell are amazing softs. Beanie babies? Some sort of feminine hygiene product?

I want to understand the premise of these discussions.

Amazing softs, off the top of my head:

Olympic medal
Held highly-competitive elected office
Award-winning musician, artist, etc.
Professional athlete
Significant military accomplishments
Unique work experience

Softs that, while impressive, likely won't help much (if at all):

SGA president
Honors thesis
Club president
Varsity athlete (without acclaim)


ugh, I really could use an oscar right now...

TBF, if you had an Oscar, lawl skool wouldn't be on the radar.

User avatar
Shaggier1
Posts: 721
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:57 am

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby Shaggier1 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:45 am

Ok the only real question is why his brother went to Columbia. His brother would have gotten super legacy also...


He only had a 157.

slacker
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:54 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby slacker » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:43 am

Shaggier1 wrote:
Ok the only real question is why his brother went to Columbia. His brother would have gotten super legacy also...


He only had a 157.

Know you're kidding but the brother would've been rejected from Columbia like this guy was rejected from basically everywhere but YLS. Brother must've actually had good numbers which just makes it weirder.

Brownadam26
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:33 am

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby Brownadam26 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:46 am

I aspire to go to a t14. I'm a URM scoring in the 150s with a low GPA. I think I should wait until June to take the test, that way my score would be higher, at least the 160s. Does anyone have any advice?

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby whymeohgodno » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:49 am

Brownadam26 wrote:I aspire to go to a t14. I'm a URM scoring in the 150s with a low GPA. I think I should wait until June to take the test, that way my score would be higher, at least the 160s. Does anyone have any advice?


What's a low GPA?

User avatar
DieAntwoord
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:17 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby DieAntwoord » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:01 am

Brownadam26 wrote:I aspire to go to a t14. I'm a URM scoring in the 150s with a low GPA. I think I should wait until June to take the test, that way my score would be higher, at least the 160s. Does anyone have any advice?

what do you mean by low gpa?
regardless you should wait til june and shoot for 170s




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], GoGreen17, grandpapy360, mrtux45 and 8 guests