Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jbles2
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:27 pm

Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby jbles2 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:40 pm

Does anyone know where I can find stats on the percentage of applicants with LSAT scores in the 150's who get into Ivy League schools? The Yale TLS profile asserts that someone got accepted with a 155, so I know its possible. I have also read somewhere that around 4% of people with 150's who apply get into these schools (however the person who wrote this didn't provide a source). If around 900 applicants are accepted at these schools, thats about 36 people per school. Is this right?
Last edited by jbles2 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby whymeohgodno » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:44 pm

Only Ivy I can imagine taking someone with LSAT in their 150s is Cornell. And that's only if you are a URM. Even then I'd say it's a longshot.

User avatar
4for44
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:05 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby 4for44 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:45 pm

jbles2 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find stats on the percentage of applicants with LSAT scores in the 150's who get into Ivy League schools? The Yale TLS profile asserts that someone got accepted with a 155, so I know its possible. I have also read somewhere that around 4% of people with 150's who apply get into these schools (however the person who wrote this didn't provide a source). For 4,000 applicants thats 160 people. This doesn't seem right. If around 160 150's are getting accepted to each of these schools then there would a lot more 150's attending; however, it can be reasonably assumed that there is very few if any 150's walking around at Ivy League schools.


Cornell is Ivy... I imagine about half the class is in the 150's... You'll be in good company.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby arism87 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:46 pm

4for44 wrote:
jbles2 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find stats on the percentage of applicants with LSAT scores in the 150's who get into Ivy League schools? The Yale TLS profile asserts that someone got accepted with a 155, so I know its possible. I have also read somewhere that around 4% of people with 150's who apply get into these schools (however the person who wrote this didn't provide a source). For 4,000 applicants thats 160 people. This doesn't seem right. If around 160 150's are getting accepted to each of these schools then there would a lot more 150's attending; however, it can be reasonably assumed that there is very few if any 150's walking around at Ivy League schools.


Cornell is Ivy... I imagine about half the class is in the 150's... You'll be in good company.


False, their 25th percentile is a 165.

jbles2
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby jbles2 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:48 pm

Ironically, Cornell is the school I am specifically referring to. I'm just trying to get a statistic. Even if it's 1% I'll be happy. That's around 40 people who'll get in. To me thats a shot.

User avatar
pppokerface
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby pppokerface » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:48 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:Only Ivy I can imagine taking someone with LSAT in their 150s is Cornell. And that's only if you are a URM. Even then I'd say it's a longshot.

See I'd think that person would more likely be a legacy-an extreme one, like the father was the President or something.

User avatar
pppokerface
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby pppokerface » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:50 pm

Did you take the LSATs yet?

User avatar
4for44
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:05 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby 4for44 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:51 pm

arism87 wrote:
4for44 wrote:
jbles2 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find stats on the percentage of applicants with LSAT scores in the 150's who get into Ivy League schools? The Yale TLS profile asserts that someone got accepted with a 155, so I know its possible. I have also read somewhere that around 4% of people with 150's who apply get into these schools (however the person who wrote this didn't provide a source). For 4,000 applicants thats 160 people. This doesn't seem right. If around 160 150's are getting accepted to each of these schools then there would a lot more 150's attending; however, it can be reasonably assumed that there is very few if any 150's walking around at Ivy League schools.


Cornell is Ivy... I imagine about half the class is in the 150's... You'll be in good company.


False, their 25th percentile is a 165.


Damn... you are a sharp one... Heading to Cornell next year?

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby whymeohgodno » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:51 pm

pppokerface wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:Only Ivy I can imagine taking someone with LSAT in their 150s is Cornell. And that's only if you are a URM. Even then I'd say it's a longshot.

See I'd think that person would more likely be a legacy-an extreme one, like the father was the President or something.


Well on LSN there are a few URMs with LSAT in their 150s who got in.

And yeah, if the dean of admissions is your aunt or something then I'm sure you have a great shot at getting in lolol.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby D. H2Oman » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:53 pm

jbles2 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find stats on the percentage of applicants with LSAT scores in the 150's who get into Ivy League schools? The Yale TLS profile asserts that someone got accepted with a 155, so I know its possible. I have also read somewhere that around 4% of people with 150's who apply get into these schools (however the person who wrote this didn't provide a source). For 4,000 applicants thats 160 people. This doesn't seem right. If around 160 150's are getting accepted to each of these schools then there would a lot more 150's attending; however, it can be reasonably assumed that there is very few if any 150's walking around at Ivy League schools.



Retake you dumbass

User avatar
pppokerface
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby pppokerface » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:54 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
pppokerface wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:Only Ivy I can imagine taking someone with LSAT in their 150s is Cornell. And that's only if you are a URM. Even then I'd say it's a longshot.

See I'd think that person would more likely be a legacy-an extreme one, like the father was the President or something.


Well on LSN there are a few URMs with LSAT in their 150s who got in.

And yeah, if the dean of admissions is your aunt or something then I'm sure you have a great shot at getting in lolol.

Oh I was referring to that 155 person who got into Yale cause of OPs post

User avatar
Shaggier1
Posts: 720
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:57 am

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby Shaggier1 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:00 pm

Ironically, Cornell is the school I am specifically referring to. I'm just trying to get a statistic. Even if it's 1% I'll be happy. That's around 40 people who'll get in. To me thats a shot.


Wouldn't this suggest that Cornell admits 4,000 students? Or am I just confused?

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby whymeohgodno » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Shaggier1 wrote:
Ironically, Cornell is the school I am specifically referring to. I'm just trying to get a statistic. Even if it's 1% I'll be happy. That's around 40 people who'll get in. To me thats a shot.


Wouldn't this suggest that Cornell admits 4,000 students? Or am I just confused?


Yeah, OP fails horribly at math. Cornell only admits 200ish students. Even if it was 1% that's 2 students.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby arism87 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:02 pm

4for44 wrote:
arism87 wrote:
4for44 wrote:
jbles2 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find stats on the percentage of applicants with LSAT scores in the 150's who get into Ivy League schools? The Yale TLS profile asserts that someone got accepted with a 155, so I know its possible. I have also read somewhere that around 4% of people with 150's who apply get into these schools (however the person who wrote this didn't provide a source). For 4,000 applicants thats 160 people. This doesn't seem right. If around 160 150's are getting accepted to each of these schools then there would a lot more 150's attending; however, it can be reasonably assumed that there is very few if any 150's walking around at Ivy League schools.


Cornell is Ivy... I imagine about half the class is in the 150's... You'll be in good company.


False, their 25th percentile is a 165.


Damn... you are a sharp one... Heading to Cornell next year?


? I was unsure if you were sarcastic in your first post, but either way OP clearly doesn't know, and shouldn't be mislead.

And no, it's unlikely that I'll go to Cornell :D

Damn TLSers.

bball1996
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:01 am

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby bball1996 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:02 pm

Shaggier1 wrote:
Ironically, Cornell is the school I am specifically referring to. I'm just trying to get a statistic. Even if it's 1% I'll be happy. That's around 40 people who'll get in. To me thats a shot.


Wouldn't this suggest that Cornell admits 4,000 students? Or am I just confused?


I'm pretty sure what he's saying is that if 4,000 people applied with numbers similar to his, 40 people will get in.

User avatar
Nicholasnickynic
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:04 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
Shaggier1 wrote:
Ironically, Cornell is the school I am specifically referring to. I'm just trying to get a statistic. Even if it's 1% I'll be happy. That's around 40 people who'll get in. To me thats a shot.


Wouldn't this suggest that Cornell admits 4,000 students? Or am I just confused?


Yeah, OP fails horribly at math. Cornell only admits 200ish students. Even if it was 1% that's 2 students.



And they say the lsat doesn't have anything to do w/ intelligence...

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby r6_philly » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:06 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
Yeah, OP fails horribly at math. Cornell only admits 200ish students. Even if it was 1% that's 2 students.


Actually Cornell only matriculate 200ish students. They admit a lot more. Carry on.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby D. H2Oman » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:07 pm


MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby MissLucky » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:08 pm

arism87 wrote:
4for44 wrote:
jbles2 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find stats on the percentage of applicants with LSAT scores in the 150's who get into Ivy League schools? The Yale TLS profile asserts that someone got accepted with a 155, so I know its possible. I have also read somewhere that around 4% of people with 150's who apply get into these schools (however the person who wrote this didn't provide a source). For 4,000 applicants thats 160 people. This doesn't seem right. If around 160 150's are getting accepted to each of these schools then there would a lot more 150's attending; however, it can be reasonably assumed that there is very few if any 150's walking around at Ivy League schools.


Cornell is Ivy... I imagine about half the class is in the 150's... You'll be in good company.


False, their 25th percentile is a 165.


False again, it's 166.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby arism87 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:09 pm

MissLucky wrote:
arism87 wrote:
4for44 wrote:
jbles2 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find stats on the percentage of applicants with LSAT scores in the 150's who get into Ivy League schools? The Yale TLS profile asserts that someone got accepted with a 155, so I know its possible. I have also read somewhere that around 4% of people with 150's who apply get into these schools (however the person who wrote this didn't provide a source). For 4,000 applicants thats 160 people. This doesn't seem right. If around 160 150's are getting accepted to each of these schools then there would a lot more 150's attending; however, it can be reasonably assumed that there is very few if any 150's walking around at Ivy League schools.


Cornell is Ivy... I imagine about half the class is in the 150's... You'll be in good company.


False, their 25th percentile is a 165.


False again, it's 166.


I stand corrected. Funny, I used LSP, thought that was updated.

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby whymeohgodno » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:09 pm

r6_philly wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
Yeah, OP fails horribly at math. Cornell only admits 200ish students. Even if it was 1% that's 2 students.


Actually Cornell only matriculate 200ish students. They admit a lot more. Carry on.


Oh true. I feel dumb.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby r6_philly » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:12 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
Yeah, OP fails horribly at math. Cornell only admits 200ish students. Even if it was 1% that's 2 students.


Actually Cornell only matriculate 200ish students. They admit a lot more. Carry on.


Oh true. I feel dumb.


That's what you get for arguing in a 150 thread. :D

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby arism87 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:12 pm

r6_philly wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
Yeah, OP fails horribly at math. Cornell only admits 200ish students. Even if it was 1% that's 2 students.


Actually Cornell only matriculate 200ish students. They admit a lot more. Carry on.


Oh true. I feel dumb.


That's what you get for arguing in a 150 thread. :D


lol :(

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby MissLucky » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:13 pm

jbles2 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find stats on the percentage of applicants with LSAT scores in the 150's who get into Ivy League schools? The Yale TLS profile asserts that someone got accepted with a 155, so I know its possible. I have also read somewhere that around 4% of people with 150's who apply get into these schools (however the person who wrote this didn't provide a source). If around 900 applicants are accepted at these schools, thats about 36 people per school. Is this right?


what is your GPA and why haven't you considered retaking if you are shooting for Ivy (or T-14)?

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: Ivy League with a 150's LSAT?

Postby im_blue » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:14 pm

Last year, Yale took 1 out of 780 applicants who scored below 160, which was a 158. They also took 12/516 scores of 160-164.

http://officialguide.lsac.org/Release/S ... AC3987.pdf

http://www.law.yale.edu/admissions/profile.htm

Duke is the only other T14 that released a similar grid. They took 30/736 in the 155-159 range and 102/1279 in the 160-164 range.

http://officialguide.lsac.org/Release/S ... AC5156.pdf
Last edited by im_blue on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], notnecessarilyproper, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests