Dumb question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
legalmindedfella

Dumb question

Postby legalmindedfella » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:39 pm

But I'm stressed and figure it can't hurt to ask. My phone is busted, and it might be a while before I'll have a working one again. That was also the # I gave to the various admissions offices, many of which inform of decisions by phone, etc. So they're not going to be able to get through to me if they call, for at least a week, potentially longer.

Is there any negative consequence to being unreachable by phone?

bdubs

Re: Dumb question

Postby bdubs » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:42 pm

legalmindedfella wrote:But I'm stressed and figure it can't hurt to ask. My phone is busted, and it might be a while before I'll have a working one again. That was also the # I gave to the various admissions offices, many of which inform of decisions by phone, etc. So they're not going to be able to get through to me if they call, for at least a week, potentially longer.

Is there any negative consequence to being unreachable by phone?

I think admissions decisions are final (at least I hope so). I am going on vacation abroad next week and will not be accessible by phone.

Several posters have noted that UVA sent them an e-mail asking them to call the school/admissions office.

binarycode

Re: Dumb question

Postby binarycode » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:54 am

From my understanding, law schools know that applicants (at least ones that do get accepted) put so much effort into completing applications. So, they would probably find a way to contact the accepted applicants. That said, it never hurts to let them know about your situation if you are anxious.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”