How bad does it look?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bartleby

How bad does it look?

Postby bartleby » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:12 am

Just completed application today. Decided I want to write optional essay - will it look bad to update your file a day after you go complete?

tourdeforcex

Re: How bad does it look?

Postby tourdeforcex » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:25 am

probably not terribly bad. but you probably look indecisive.

i would just let it go unless that optional essay is really really good. like the best out of 100 optionals that they read.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:35 pm

tourdeforcex wrote:probably not terribly bad. but you probably look indecisive.

i would just let it go unless that optional essay is really really good. like the best out of 100 optionals that they read.

???

Submit the optional essay, bartleby.

lalalawya

Postby lalalawya » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:37 pm

Yeah, I would submit it. In the Illinois thread with Dean Pless, someone asked if they should submit the optional essay despite not doing so with the original submission of their application. Dean Pless responded basically by saying they want to see everything that you think would help them in their decisions....and an optional essay is yet another opportunity to show off your writing skills/thought process.

Wannabelawyer101

Postby Wannabelawyer101 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:26 am

bartleby wrote:Just completed application today. Decided I want to write optional essay - will it look bad to update your file a day after you go complete?

I've heard of a lot of people forgetting to attach something on LSAC and then realizing it later and sending it in as an update. Just send in an optional essay. They'll take it, no questions asked.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”