glaring typo in PS, submit updated version? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sandaltan

Bronze

glaring typo in PS, submit updated version?

Post by sandaltan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:39 am

I already posted a thread about it, but unfortunately, nobody really gave me any advice.

the reports have not yet been sent, so they have not yet read my essay.

should i email an updated version to the few schools who received a typo?

Knock

Platinum

Re: glaring typo in PS, submit updated version?

Post by Knock » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:44 am

sandaltan wrote:I already posted a thread about it, but unfortunately, nobody really gave me any advice.

I would. I submitted my first 3 apps with a typo (formatting error actually from converting to pdf's). I just emailed the admissions office with my name, LSAC #, quick explanation, and my updated essay attached.

sandaltan

Bronze

Post by sandaltan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:18 am

Knock wrote:
sandaltan wrote:I already posted a thread about it, but unfortunately, nobody really gave me any advice.

I would. I submitted my first 3 apps with a typo (formatting error actually from converting to pdf's). I just emailed the admissions office with my name, LSAC #, quick explanation, and my updated essay attached.
question (im dwight): would you admit to the typo in your explanation, if you were me?

should I email more than one person, or is there a particular position I should direct my email to (Admissions Director, Assistant Dean of Admissions, etc.)

thanks!

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:12 am

sandaltan wrote:
Knock wrote:

question (im dwight): would you admit to the typo in your explanation, if you were me?

should I email more than one person, or is there a particular position I should direct my email to (Admissions Director, Assistant Dean of Admissions, etc.)

thanks!
I just said something vague like "due to a formatting error." It probably doesn't matter and won't really make a big deal. It's hard to say, there's no right answer, but it shouldn't be a huge deal either way. Just go with what your gut tells you and don't stress about it (just make sure 100% that you are attaching the correction version of the file :)).

And just email it to the JD admissions email of the schools. You can find it usually on their website.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”