glaring typo in PS, submit updated version?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sandaltan

Bronze

glaring typo in PS, submit updated version?

Postby sandaltan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:39 am

I already posted a thread about it, but unfortunately, nobody really gave me any advice.

the reports have not yet been sent, so they have not yet read my essay.

should i email an updated version to the few schools who received a typo?

Knock

Platinum

Re: glaring typo in PS, submit updated version?

Postby Knock » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:44 am

sandaltan wrote:I already posted a thread about it, but unfortunately, nobody really gave me any advice.

I would. I submitted my first 3 apps with a typo (formatting error actually from converting to pdf's). I just emailed the admissions office with my name, LSAC #, quick explanation, and my updated essay attached.

sandaltan

Bronze

Postby sandaltan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:18 am

Knock wrote:
sandaltan wrote:I already posted a thread about it, but unfortunately, nobody really gave me any advice.

I would. I submitted my first 3 apps with a typo (formatting error actually from converting to pdf's). I just emailed the admissions office with my name, LSAC #, quick explanation, and my updated essay attached.

question (im dwight): would you admit to the typo in your explanation, if you were me?

should I email more than one person, or is there a particular position I should direct my email to (Admissions Director, Assistant Dean of Admissions, etc.)

thanks!

Knock

Platinum

Postby Knock » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:12 am

sandaltan wrote:
Knock wrote:

question (im dwight): would you admit to the typo in your explanation, if you were me?

should I email more than one person, or is there a particular position I should direct my email to (Admissions Director, Assistant Dean of Admissions, etc.)

thanks!

I just said something vague like "due to a formatting error." It probably doesn't matter and won't really make a big deal. It's hard to say, there's no right answer, but it shouldn't be a huge deal either way. Just go with what your gut tells you and don't stress about it (just make sure 100% that you are attaching the correction version of the file :)).

And just email it to the JD admissions email of the schools. You can find it usually on their website.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�