transcript questions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hllh

transcript questions

Postby hllh » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:38 pm

Hi, I'm a junior physics major(math and computer science minors). So far I have failed a class, dropped two and am pass/failing one. I know it's pretty messed up...

I failed an introductory philosophy class(because I handed in my paper late) in my sophomore year and now my GPA is 3.6(calculated in the LSAC way). How much does this hurt??? My major GPA is nearly perfect and I have done well in other writing/reading intensive classes that can prove my writing ability.

I'm currently taking an advanced computer science class. At the beginning of the semester I felt I was underprepared so I took it pass/fail, but I'm actually doing pretty well in the class and my professor will give me an A. Does an addendum from my professor explaining my situation and performance make the pass/fail look a little better?

Thanks a lot!

tourdeforcex

Re: transcript questions

Postby tourdeforcex » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:32 am

3.6 hurts relatively. depending on 1) what schools you're going for and 2) how high your LSAT is.

also, did you say you were a junior? don't be worrying about addendums in your junior year. if you can't convert that pass/fail to a grade, don't worry about it. in the end, it's the number that counts. from what i understand a pass doesn't impact the GPA.

just keep the GPA up. and rock the LSAT.

icouldbuyu

Re: transcript questions

Postby icouldbuyu » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:34 am

tourdeforcex wrote:3.6 hurts relatively. depending on 1) what schools you're going for and 2) how high your LSAT is.

also, did you say you were a junior? don't be worrying about addendums in your junior year. if you can't convert that pass/fail to a grade, don't worry about it. in the end, it's the number that counts. from what i understand a pass doesn't impact the GPA.

just keep the GPA up. and rock the LSAT.

Also, a 3.6 for a Physics major probably looks better than a Liberal Arts 3.7.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”