LOR mistake. Freaking out. Help?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Shooter

LOR mistake. Freaking out. Help?

Postby Shooter » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:41 pm

Ok, so you know how LSAC makes you label all of your LORs "for all law schools" or "for X law school"? Well, I labeled one of my letters for a specific school, but later learned that it was generic and could be sent to many schools. I sent it to all of my top choices, but have just become aware that they are all going to see "for X law school" when they read the letter.

I know this might not be a huge deal, but I doubt many of the top law schools will appreciate being sent a letter that was initially addressed to a rival university.

Do you guys think this will be a huge problem?

Ragged

Re: LOR mistake. Freaking out. Help?

Postby Ragged » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Autoding. Sorry.

Nah, I dunno man. I'm not even sure they are gonna see the "for X law school" unless its in the body of the LOR. I wouldn't worry about it.

Shooter

Postby Shooter » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:50 pm

bump - anyone have thoughts on this!?!

Judge Philip Banks

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Law schools see those labels? I thought that was just for our own reference, making the applying process slightly more organized for us. I could be wrong. I really have no idea.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:51 pm

Don't think they will care.

Shooter

Postby Shooter » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:51 pm

I also thought it was for independent use too. But then I filled out another one, and before I labled it I read something that said "Caution! Are you sure you want to label this. You, LSAC, the recommender, and the Law Schools will see this label." I freaked out shortly thereafter.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Shooter wrote:I also thought it was for independent use too. But then I filled out another one, and before I labled it I read something that said "Caution! Are you sure you want to label this. You, LSAC, the recommender, and the Law Schools will see this label." I freaked out shortly thereafter.

Ohh..

I still don't think they will pay that much attention to it. In any case, if you get dinged it won't be because of this.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”