"Report not generated" ???

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kjadkins

"Report not generated" ???

Postby kjadkins » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:06 pm

So Tuesday night I applied to 11 schools and by Wednesday over half of them still had the blue "report not generated" exclamation point. Another LOR was posted on LSAC on Wednesday, reports were updated, and for a while all of my schools had that symbol (presumably in anticipation of sending them that last LOR). Now it's back down to the same six schools with the "report not generated" icon (U of R, Cincinnati, GMU, Georgetown, GWU, and W&M).

Why is this happening? What exactly does it mean for a "report" to be "generated" or "not generated"? I got an email from U of R saying that they had received my part of the application and would review it as soon as they got my LSDAS report, but the email I got from GWU said that my application was complete, my status on Georgetown's checker site is "Application Received" (I haven't heard anything at all from Cincinnati, W&M or George Mason yet). Maybe this is a stupid question, but I'm so confused.

gov

Re: "Report not generated" ???

Postby gov » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:08 pm

kjadkins wrote:So Tuesday night I applied to 11 schools and by Wednesday over half of them still had the blue "report not generated" exclamation point. Another LOR was posted on LSAC on Wednesday, reports were updated, and for a while all of my schools had that symbol (presumably in anticipation of sending them that last LOR). Now it's back down to the same six schools with the "report not generated" icon (U of R, Cincinnati, GMU, Georgetown, GWU, and W&M).

Why is this happening? What exactly does it mean for a "report" to be "generated" or "not generated"? I got an email from U of R saying that they had received my part of the application and would review it as soon as they got my LSDAS report, but the email I got from GWU said that my application was complete, my status on Georgetown's checker site is "Application Received" (I haven't heard anything at all from Cincinnati, W&M or George Mason yet). Maybe this is a stupid question, but I'm so confused.

It just means that the report has/hasn't been sent out. The school requests it and then LSAC "generates" them and sends them out. I have noticed that some schools take longer than others...so for now, I wouldn't worry about it. I think the website says it may take up until a week.

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:16 pm

go onto your lsac account. Click on Completed Applications. If you see the school in the completed applications, that means every required part of the application has been sent to the school from the website, and you are all set. If you are still waiting for the report to be generated, keep in mind that schools sometimes generate teh reports on specific days of the week, and weeks in the month ( ex. every monday of the week, every other week, once a month, etc). Since you have completed and submitted the application, you should be fine. If you have this by the end of December, double check with the school just to be safe.

It sucks waiting, but you have to keep patient. I would guess that the schools will start being more proactive after teh December LSAT in their decision making process ( although to be fair, it can be a month after the deadline- so if the deadline is March 1st, you may not hear a response until April- but this should be for those who applied very late in the cycle)

hope this helps

ads222

Postby ads222 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:21 pm

govorett wrote:It just means that the report has/hasn't been sent out. The school requests it and then LSAC "generates" them and sends them out. I have noticed that some schools take longer than others...so for now, I wouldn't worry about it. I think the website says it may take up until a week.

I've called LSAC about this before. It usually takes a day or two to update, maybe longer now that it's later in the application season. For Gtown, though, it'll take longer to switch to generated/sent/received by Georgetown because the school only pulls documents from the LSAC on the 1st and 15th

pride09

Postby pride09 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:56 pm

That's helpful to know about Georgetown, I was getting worried that my report hasn't been generated for them either. Is there any data about when other schools receive their files from LSAC (especially T6)?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:37 pm

pride09 wrote:That's helpful to know about Georgetown, I was getting worried that my report hasn't been generated for them either. Is there any data about when other schools receive their files from LSAC (especially T6)?

It takes a business day or two. It will only show a PDF after the school retrieves it, when it says report not generated, it means report is ready but schools have not pulled it.

delusional

Postby delusional » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:16 pm

What does "request received" mean? Does it mean my request, or the law schools request?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:19 pm

delusional wrote:What does "request received" mean? Does it mean my request, or the law schools request?

Law school request.

delusional

Postby delusional » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:52 pm

r6_philly wrote:
delusional wrote:What does "request received" mean? Does it mean my request, or the law schools request?

Law school request.

Crap. So if it hasn't been sent, it's because I'm missing something?

And if the law school requested it, why didn't they tell me they got my app?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:52 pm

delusional wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Law school request.

Nothing is wrong, the report just haven't been retrieved by law schools yet. Give it a couple more business days, you will see the "!" turn into PDF.

delusional

Postby delusional » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:56 pm

r6_philly wrote:
delusional wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Law school request.

Nothing is wrong, the report just haven't been retrieved by law schools yet. Give it a couple more business days, you will see the "!" turn into PDF.

If you're right, I'll love you forever.
ETA: Unless we both end up at Penn. That would just be awkward.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:59 pm

delusional wrote:If you're right, I'll love you forever.

lol I take gift cards.

I updated my transcripts 5-6 times with LSAC the same thing happens every time. The requests are auto-generated based on schools you have submitted applications to, but reports are not generated until the schools retrieve the PDF report.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”