Really really ridiculously.. frustrated

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bdubs

Re: Really really ridiculously.. frustrated

Postby bdubs » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:34 pm

sandaltan wrote:a really, really popular topic is de facto segregation, ie the __ serves as a reminder that de facto segregation exists, (wrap up with imagery and general sentiments on social and racial progress).

The point of the 250 is to write about something different. Yale only has ~200 spots, you are not likely to impress them by writing about something that is a popular topic.

OGR3

Postby OGR3 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:42 pm

bdubs wrote:
sandaltan wrote:a really, really popular topic is de facto segregation, ie the __ serves as a reminder that de facto segregation exists, (wrap up with imagery and general sentiments on social and racial progress).

The point of the 250 is to write about something different. Yale only has ~200 spots, you are not likely to impress them by writing about something that is a popular topic.

That's a good point.

I would like to make an edited suggestion.

OGR3 wrote:Write about Pokemon Digimon.

/Thread
Last edited by OGR3 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:46 pm

You haven't applied yet? Better get it done soon.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:48 pm

romothesavior wrote:You haven't applied yet? Better get it done soon.

It's Yale, it doesn't really matter when she applies as long as it's before February.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:39 pm

bdubs wrote:
romothesavior wrote:You haven't applied yet? Better get it done soon.

It's Yale, it doesn't really matter when she applies as long as it's before February.

That's what I always thought, but apparently they admit in December?

Anyway I'm submitting tonight, I'm DONE :D

dbrddr

Postby dbrddr » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:07 am

arism87 wrote:I am sooo tired of trying to write a Yale 250. Apparently I am the kind of person that appreciates guidelines. After writing, scrapping the entire thing, rewriting, editing, over and over, with over 15 people reading it once, twice, three times, no one ever CLOSE to agrees and I. GIVE. UP.

My personal statement got to the point where people just liked it. A few comments to be nitpicky, but there was consensus. I want my 250 to be the same way.

I know it's terrible, but I can't help but chuckle for a split second at your misery, if only because we had radically different approaches to this whole process. I wrote my PS in three two-hour sessions and my Yale 250 in a Friday night/Saturday morning. No other person has as much as glanced at my resume, PS, supplemental essays, or 250.

can't say I recommend this method, as I totally left out an apostrophe in my resume and a preposition in my PS :oops:

Congrats on the submission! Best of luck!

youarereadingthis

Postby youarereadingthis » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:15 pm

Based on GPA & LSAT, I have no chance of getting into Yale or probably even the T14 but believe I could rock the crap out of this essay better than anyone.

I think I'm going to apply for fun :mrgreen:

arism87

Postby arism87 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:49 pm

dbrddr wrote:
arism87 wrote:I am sooo tired of trying to write a Yale 250. Apparently I am the kind of person that appreciates guidelines. After writing, scrapping the entire thing, rewriting, editing, over and over, with over 15 people reading it once, twice, three times, no one ever CLOSE to agrees and I. GIVE. UP.

My personal statement got to the point where people just liked it. A few comments to be nitpicky, but there was consensus. I want my 250 to be the same way.

I know it's terrible, but I can't help but chuckle for a split second at your misery, if only because we had radically different approaches to this whole process. I wrote my PS in three two-hour sessions and my Yale 250 in a Friday night/Saturday morning. No other person has as much as glanced at my resume, PS, supplemental essays, or 250.

can't say I recommend this method, as I totally left out an apostrophe in my resume and a preposition in my PS :oops:

Congrats on the submission! Best of luck!

I see this approach worked for you. HATE. Lol but in all seriousness, congrats, that's amazingly awesome!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”