Law School Admissions Consultants

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gamblin'ann

Law School Admissions Consultants

Postby gamblin'ann » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:40 pm

Has anyone used an admissions consultant in the preparation of their law school applications? I'm interested if prospective students found these services helpful and in what specific ways, a range of costs for service, and recommendations of consultant firms or individuals that others have used. Thanks!

SHANbangs

Re: Law School Admissions Consultants

Postby SHANbangs » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:17 pm

I used one and did a few phone consultations/essay editing. The essay and resume evals were useful, but I'm not sure about the rest. You can get your apps list down on your own, and you can get strategies galore from TLS. My consultant didn't really tell me much about strategy - she just said the earlier the better, and sort of skirted the question when it came to stacking ED apps (I ended up just applying to ED GULC PT + FT). The information on admissions were reassuring, but I almost think my consultant talked up my chances. All this aside, I really like my consultant as a person and advisor, and I will let her know about my results.

crumpetsandtea

Re: Law School Admissions Consultants

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:24 pm

SHANbangs wrote:I used one and did a few phone consultations/essay editing. The essay and resume evals were useful, but I'm not sure about the rest. You can get your apps list down on your own, and you can get strategies galore from TLS. My consultant didn't really tell me much about strategy - she just said the earlier the better, and sort of skirted the question when it came to stacking ED apps (I ended up just applying to ED GULC PT + FT). The information on admissions were reassuring, but I almost think my consultant talked up my chances. All this aside, I really like my consultant as a person and advisor, and I will let her know about my results.

How much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking? Was it worth it for you? I'm (not OP) looking for someone to help with essay work primarily, but also things like a GPA addendum and ED/EA decisions.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”