date upon which correspondence should be sent to address?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sangr

date upon which correspondence should be sent to address?

Postby sangr » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:21 pm

k sorry made two threads in a row but what the hell does this mean?
its right below the permenant address section and says that.

T6Hopeful

Re: date upon which correspondence should be sent to address?

Postby T6Hopeful » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:23 pm

sangr wrote:k sorry made two threads in a row but what the hell does this mean?
its right below the permenant address section and says that.

I think it's asking until when your current address is valid until. I.E. when they should start sending stuff to your permanent address instead of your current address.

However, depending on the application (I don't know what school you're applying to) it COULD also mean when your permanent address is valid until. I think I saw this on only one of my applications, but I just put something like 09/15/11. Something that would be valid even if I were to be on the longest of all waitlists.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:24 pm

They are asking when you will start living at the permanent address. For instance, you may be living at school until May, and then you want June to be the "date upon which correspondence should be sent to address."

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:38 pm

JazzOne wrote:They are asking when you will start living at the permanent address. For instance, you may be living at school until May, and then you want June to be the "date upon which correspondence should be sent to address."

Yes, but there are certain apps that are a little quirky. I just pulled up a couple of my apps and saw on Cornell's, it does in fact say (Current address through: __/__/__), but then above the permanent address it says (Permanent address through: __/__/__). I did just see that I put 12/31/2012 for this one, just in case.

Edit: I see that you are completely right. I misconstrued the situation and thought the OP was referring to something like the (Permanent address through:) field, which seems counterintuitive to the point of the address being permanent. Sorry about that.

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:23 pm

if you are sure taht you will be going to law school sometime in the future, put august 1 2011 as the date.

IF you are at school now, put the end of the spring semester, then your parents home.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”