Put wrong school name in Character & Fitness Answer? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CSCS Trainer

New

Put wrong school name in Character & Fitness Answer?

Post by CSCS Trainer » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:01 pm

I just realized that I attached an answer to the Character & Fitness question to an application with the wrong school name in it. The application was sent and complete on 11/24 - is there anything I can do, how worried should I be?

Gotti

Gold

Re: Put wrong school name in Character & Fitness Answer?

Post by Gotti » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:08 pm

mmmmmmmmm you may have messed up prettttyyy badly. wrong school name is usually an auto-reject...shows you weren't careful about it/didn't care enough to go over it to make sure everything was perfect

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:13 pm

Immediately write them an E-mail, state that you mistakenly listed the wrong school name in one of your attachments, attach a revised attachment document, and ask them to replace your original attachment with the new one. Apologize (in the E-mail, not the revised attachment!) for the error. If you're lucky, the assistant who handles your request does it without pointing it out to the adcomm. Otherwise, you'll just have to hope the adcomms don't hold it against you too much.

That's all you can do. You must correct it. I'm pretty certain it's unethical to leave a mistake standing on your application, and if it's caught later it could be worse than drawing attention to it with a correction would be.

CSCS Trainer

New

Post by CSCS Trainer » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Alright, sent an email with the correct attachment and explanation. I don't know how I missed that - I think because both schools had the Character & Fitness as the same question # on the app, so in my proof-reading ( or lack thereof ) I saw the question # and assumed I attached the correct file. No excuses, stupid mistake.

dvb689

New

Post by dvb689 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:03 pm

I did something similar on a diversity attachment. I inserted the correct school name into the statement, but forgot to remove the previous school I applied to from the title at the top of the page. Do you guys think I should do the same thing or will I be alright because the name in the actual writing corresponds?

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:35 pm

dvb689 wrote:I did something similar on a diversity attachment. I inserted the correct school name into the statement, but forgot to remove the previous school I applied to from the title at the top of the page. Do you guys think I should do the same thing or will I be alright because the name in the actual writing corresponds?
This.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”