GPA Error on Resume? FML

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Sami28
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:36 am

GPA Error on Resume? FML

Postby Sami28 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:24 pm

Sooo I took some classes this summer that weren't going to be added to my official transcript until recently (later than I wanted to submit apps). When I calculated my GPA and included these classes, I got a cumulative GPA that is .01 higher than the GPA that LSAC got. My resume has a nice round number on it, and the LSAC GPA ends in a .X9. I'm not sure what the discrepancy is, but I'm not really worried about the hundredth of a point, I'm a lot more worried about how this looks to schools. Should I send an e-mail correcting it? Should I hope they don't notice? Will they assume it was a typo? Ugh... should've just left my GPA off my resume. :|

About how screwed would you say I am?

User avatar
mths
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

Re: GPA Error on Resume? FML

Postby mths » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:27 pm

It's really not a big deal. Just call admission offices and see if they care and if they do, send an updated resume.

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: GPA Error on Resume? FML

Postby FunkyJD » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:31 pm

You're way too stressed over a non-problem. Don't worry about it. They'll figure it out.

User avatar
James Bond
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 12:53 am

Re: GPA Error on Resume? FML

Postby James Bond » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:41 pm

FunkyJD wrote:You're way too stressed over a non-problem. Don't worry about it. They'll figure it out.


GREAT avatar

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: GPA Error on Resume? FML

Postby JOThompson » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:43 pm

Sami28 wrote:Sooo I took some classes this summer that weren't going to be added to my official transcript until recently (later than I wanted to submit apps). When I calculated my GPA and included these classes, I got a cumulative GPA that is .01 higher than the GPA that LSAC got. My resume has a nice round number on it, and the LSAC GPA ends in a .X9. I'm not sure what the discrepancy is, but I'm not really worried about the hundredth of a point, I'm a lot more worried about how this looks to schools. Should I send an e-mail correcting it? Should I hope they don't notice? Will they assume it was a typo? Ugh... should've just left my GPA off my resume. :|

About how screwed would you say I am?

Don't worry about it, not a big deal.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: GPA Error on Resume? FML

Postby r6_philly » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:45 pm

As far as I know, LSAC GPA doesn't round up, it always round down. So that's where you got the discrepancy from most likely. (I worked hard for a 3.917 and got a 3.91 LSAC GPA).

Don't worry, schools should be aware of this.

Sami28
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:36 am

Re: GPA Error on Resume? FML

Postby Sami28 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:01 pm

Thanks for all the responses; I appreciate it. I guess I should stop worrying about stuff like this and start studying for finals. :lol:

FlamingCow
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: GPA Error on Resume? FML

Postby FlamingCow » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:55 pm

r6_philly wrote:As far as I know, LSAC GPA doesn't round up, it always round down. So that's where you got the discrepancy from most likely. (I worked hard for a 3.917 and got a 3.91 LSAC GPA).

Don't worry, schools should be aware of this.


They rounded mine up .01, FWIW.

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: GPA Error on Resume? FML

Postby FunkyJD » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:58 pm

James Bond wrote:
FunkyJD wrote:You're way too stressed over a non-problem. Don't worry about it. They'll figure it out.


GREAT avatar


Thanks, I try to pull my weight around here.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: GPA Error on Resume? FML

Postby ahduth » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:04 am

FlamingCow wrote:
r6_philly wrote:As far as I know, LSAC GPA doesn't round up, it always round down. So that's where you got the discrepancy from most likely. (I worked hard for a 3.917 and got a 3.91 LSAC GPA).

Don't worry, schools should be aware of this.


They rounded mine up .01, FWIW.


I got an extra .002 on my GPA. So much win. It kind of sounds like you got screwed here philly. I'd consider a lawsuit.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: GPA Error on Resume? FML

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:24 am

ahduth wrote:
FlamingCow wrote:
r6_philly wrote:As far as I know, LSAC GPA doesn't round up, it always round down. So that's where you got the discrepancy from most likely. (I worked hard for a 3.917 and got a 3.91 LSAC GPA).

Don't worry, schools should be aware of this.


They rounded mine up .01, FWIW.


I got an extra .002 on my GPA. So much win. It kind of sounds like you got screwed here philly. I'd consider a lawsuit.


As soon as I pass the bar. Wait, the statute of limitation crap...

I only have straight A's and B's so that's odd. 3.92 is just that much more powerful :D




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], lawnerd87 and 2 guests