Does it Matter How Old Your LSAT Scores Are?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ScottRiqui

Does it Matter How Old Your LSAT Scores Are?

Postby ScottRiqui » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:41 pm

I'm considering law as a second career after I retire from the Navy at my 20-year point. My retirement date is May 2014, so the latest I would want to take the LSAT is the June 2013 test.

My current duty assignment (ends in September 2011) doesn't put very many demands on my time, but the same likely won't be true of my final duty assignment (Sept 2011-May 2014).

If I want to set aside a period of several months for intensive LSAT prep, it would be easier to do at my current duty station, but if I take the test right after my study period when I would (theoretically, at least) be the most prepared, the results would be 2+ years old by the time I start applying to schools.

Or would I be better off preparing now for several months, and then doing another shorter/less intensive prep period right before the test in 2013?

I know this might seem like I'm thinking way too far ahead, but I'm currently negotiating orders for my last duty station and it's really driving home the fact that I only have a little over three years left in the Navy.

Thanks,
Scott

albusdumbledore

Re: Does it Matter How Old Your LSAT Scores Are?

Postby albusdumbledore » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:46 pm

It won't matter for you. I think 5 years is when the scores expire, and schools don't really care how old they are as long as they aren't expired.

pwyoung

Re: Does it Matter How Old Your LSAT Scores Are?

Postby pwyoung » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:04 pm

Yeah, you've got a 5-year window. Whenever is best for you, go for it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”