Georgetown Late Early Decision

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rmw308

Georgetown Late Early Decision

Postby rmw308 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:31 pm

Could really use some help/advice here people.

I submitted an early decision application to UCLA. I am at one median and below the other and am not very confident that I will get in. However, I figured, what the hell, its my top choice, maybe ED will help.

Georgetown conveniently offers Early Decision through March. Although I am well below both medians for GTown FT, I would be a decent candidate for PT, and would hope that an ED application would put me over the top.

My question is this, how long should I wait to submit my GTown ED...I can..

A. Submit GTOWN ED now. I doubt I will get accepted before I hear from UCLA.

B. Wait to submit GTOWN ED until after I get rejected/waitlisted from UCLA.

C. Apply to GTOWN RD ASAP. However I do feel that applying ED would boost my application.

To what degree does GTOWN ED help parttime candidates? Am I better off checking off "PT" or "Both" on the Georgetown application ( I have no chance of getting in FT) ?

Would I be a better candidate for Georgetown applying RD today, or submitting ED December 20thish. ?

D. H2Oman

Re: Georgetown Late Early Decision

Postby D. H2Oman » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:36 pm

rmw308 wrote:Could really use some help/advice here people.

I submitted an early decision application to UCLA. I am at one median and below the other and am not very confident that I will get in. However, I figured, what the hell, its my top choice, maybe ED will help.

Georgetown conveniently offers Early Decision through March. Although I am well below both medians for GTown FT, I would be a decent candidate for PT, and would hope that an ED application would put me over the top.

My question is this, how long should I wait to submit my GTown ED...I can..

A. Submit GTOWN ED now. I doubt I will get accepted before I hear from UCLA.

B. Wait to submit GTOWN ED until after I get rejected/waitlisted from UCLA.

C. Apply to GTOWN RD ASAP. However I do feel that applying ED would boost my application.

To what degree does GTOWN ED help parttime candidates? Am I better off checking off "PT" or "Both" on the Georgetown application ( I have no chance of getting in FT) ?

Would I be a better candidate for Georgetown applying RD today, or submitting ED December 20thish. ?

and check PT only. (though if you're not either above 170 or above 3.75, you're not getting in)

/thread

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”