Early decision - Can they see where else you apply to?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
caribwonder

Early decision - Can they see where else you apply to?

Postby caribwonder » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:02 pm

This may be a stupid question that has probably been addressed elsewhere, but where law schools say that if applying for ED you must not apply elsewhere (for example, GW law)..... is that really worth paying attention to? Can they see and do they really care?

im_blue

Re: Early decision - Can they see where else you apply to?

Postby im_blue » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:05 pm

You just can't apply ED to two schools at the same time. If you're accepted to one ED school, they'll share your name with other schools, which will be bad when the other ED school finds out, and both schools blacklist you.

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:07 pm

I don't believe that GW tells you that you cannot apply anywhere else, particularly because they say:

"Within 5 business days of admission to The George Washington University Law School, withdraw all applications pending at other law schools and not initiate applications at any other law schools."

That clearly suggests that you may apply to other schools as long as you withdraw those applications if admitted through the ED program.

lalalawya

Postby lalalawya » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:00 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:I don't believe that GW tells you that you cannot apply anywhere else, particularly because they say:

"Within 5 business days of admission to The George Washington University Law School, withdraw all applications pending at other law schools and not initiate applications at any other law schools."

That clearly suggests that you may apply to other schools as long as you withdraw those applications if admitted through the ED program.

Yeah, you can apply to other schools through RD, not ED. I am pretty sure all schools that offer ED have language that suggest that if you choose to apply ED to their school, you are prohibited from applying through ED to another school. ED's are binding. How would you matriculate to two schools you applied through ED to?

caribwonder

Postby caribwonder » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:46 am

Ah yes...you are correct. I was misreading. At the bottom of the Early Decision form it states that you pledge to "not initiate any other applications for 2011 admission at any other law schools". Skimming over I thought this meant if you apply for ED, but it is actually only if you are accepted for ED.

My bad... thanks for the responses!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”