Stanford Law Application - Rank/Class Size Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bananaboat29

New

Stanford Law Application - Rank/Class Size

Post by bananaboat29 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:19 pm

Apologies if this has already been asked a million times. I'm working on my (completely futile) application to Stanford and I can't figure out how to answer the 'estimated rank and class size' question. My school doesn't even seem to publish the size of the graduating class, never mind rank. Moreover, I went to a fairly big school with a lot of different colleges and mine definitely graded much less leniently than some others. I really have no idea what my rank and class size are--can't even estimate it. Is it appropriate to leave this question blank?

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Re: Stanford Law Application - Rank/Class Size

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:27 pm

bananaboat29 wrote:Apologies if this has already been asked a million times. I'm working on my (completely futile) application to Stanford and I can't figure out how to answer the 'estimated rank and class size' question. My school doesn't even seem to publish the size of the graduating class, never mind rank. Moreover, I went to a fairly big school with a lot of different colleges and mine definitely graded much less leniently than some others. I really have no idea what my rank and class size are--can't even estimate it. Is it appropriate to leave this question blank?
I may be wrong, but I think that information is available via your transcript uploaded on LSAC. Check there. If not, you can call your UG with your student ID and they may have access to that information. But check LSAC first.

sarahh

Silver

Post by sarahh » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:37 pm

The academic summary report does not show your rank among everyone at your school - just among other law school applicants from your school who registered for the Credential Assembly Service. You should not use that. I would call the registrar's office at your school and see if they provide it. If not, you can put that the school does not provide it on the application.

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:18 pm

When I called Harvard, she said, "What-ev-er. We almost look at that class rank."

I am willing to be Stanford will tell you the same thing.

Saltqjibo

Bronze

Post by Saltqjibo » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:52 pm

I called my undergrad schools to ask about this and they said they didn't rank their students. I figured stanford didn't just want to know how big my class was so I put "Info not released"

bananaboat29

New

Post by bananaboat29 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:00 pm

Thanks everyone! Just going to write "Not released" and be done with it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”