Honorary Degree

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BeachedBrit

Honorary Degree

Postby BeachedBrit » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:19 pm

Just out of curiosity, I know it's required to complete a bachelors in order to pursue a JD. Would an honorary bachelors count?

ohlawl

Re: Honorary Degree

Postby ohlawl » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:26 pm

You wouldn't have an undergraduate GPA, so I would assume no.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:32 pm

ohlawl wrote:You wouldn't have an undergraduate GPA, so I would assume no.

Yeah. Cause people who went to foreign colleges don't have reportable GPAs and none of them get into law school.

OP - Call the schools you are interested in attending. They are the only ones that can answer this question and help you figure out how to deal with transcripts and other parts of the application.

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:36 pm

paratactical wrote:

Yeah. Cause people who went to foreign colleges don't have reportable GPAs and none of them get into law school.

OP - Call the schools you are interested in attending. They are the only ones that can answer this question and help you figure out how to deal with transcripts and other parts of the application.

It isn't an "earned" degree though. I know the specify that in some grad programs. People from some U.S. schools don't have GPA's either and get into schools (somewhere).

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:39 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
paratactical wrote:

It isn't an "earned" degree though. I know the specify that in some grad programs. People from some U.S. schools don't have GPA's either and get into schools (somewhere).

Oh, I'm sure there are some schools where it won't work, but the reason is not because they do not have a GPA.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”