When to apply to Cornell-retaking dec lsat Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
leemh87

New

When to apply to Cornell-retaking dec lsat

Post by leemh87 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:52 pm

I'm a non-URM with 3.51 from an ivy and got a 168 on the oct lsat, but i'm retaking dec (really want T14). I know my gpa is on the lower end, but my lsat is right at the median for Cornell. Should I submit my application now as is and take my chances earlier in the cycle? Or should I ask to hold off until after the dec lsat (banking on 170+). I'm really torn about what to do!

Also, if i do decide to wait for my dec score, does it really make a difference when I submit my app - like, is there really a difference if i submit this week vs. around xmas, if they won't even look at me till jan? I'm still working on my personal statement, but I feel like I need to really focus on lsat studying, so I was going to stop working on it until after dec. 11 when I can just pound it out and get my apps out before xmas. Or should I just really try to get my apps out this week regardless?

Deuce

Silver

Re: When to apply to Cornell-retaking dec lsat

Post by Deuce » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:53 pm

You won't be complete or given a decision if you indicate that you are signed up to take another LSAT, I believe. So you wouldn't be harming yourself by submitting before taking the LSAT.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Re: When to apply to Cornell-retaking dec lsat

Post by whymeohgodno » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:55 pm

December LSAT+App will make you prime candidate for WL.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”