Yale application

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
arism87

Yale application

Postby arism87 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:28 pm

It reads:

On separate sheets of paper or electronic attachments, please answer questions 4-12

4. List significant scholastic honors received

5. ...You must answer 5 a, b, and c separately.
(a) Extra curricular activities
(b) Self-support (employment) while in college/during vacations
(c) Other activities

6. If it has been more than 3 months since you attended an educational institution, please describe what you have been doing in the interval

For those of you who have applied or are applying to Yale: is that 5 separate pages?! How did you format it? Paragraphs, bulleted..?

Wow, wasn't expecting this, on my last app!! lol

apparentlynew

Re: Yale application

Postby apparentlynew » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:53 am

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I have the same question and one more as well:

Why do they tell you to answer questions 4-12 on "separate sheets of paper or electronic attachments" when questions 9, 10, 11, and 12 are all boxes which can be checked in your online application? I am completely bewildered by this. Thanks in advance, everybody!

alphagamma

Postby alphagamma » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:30 pm

apparentlynew wrote:Sorry to hijack your thread, but I have the same question and one more as well:

Why do they tell you to answer questions 4-12 on "separate sheets of paper or electronic attachments" when questions 9, 10, 11, and 12 are all boxes which can be checked in your online application? I am completely bewildered by this. Thanks in advance, everybody!

When referring to questions 9-12, I believe the attachments are only for explanations.

And to the OP, I kept question 7 (the Yale 250) separate, but I lumped the others together. I took the instructions to mean sheets as in "if more than one is necessary." But maybe I was wrong...

gerbal

Postby gerbal » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:35 pm

It asks you to list your honors, ec activities, etc. Did you guys just make a list like it asks? Or did you guys write descriptions of each as well? I'm attaching a resume where I explain most of my ec activities so I'm sure it will be redundant if I describe everything here as well...

arism87

Postby arism87 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:01 pm

Thanks for the input! I find that the whole thing looks really ugly this way- when I've spent months (years?) working on my resume with the same info :(

I guess as gerbal mentioned I could just list them and provide my resume with descriptions, but that seems kind of redundant like you said.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”