errors on application.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dytelb

errors on application.

Postby dytelb » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Ugh, didn't catch a couple errors, am now wondering what to do. On my stanford app, one of my sentences in the job descriptions got cut off, so that instead of "teaching english to taiwanese students.", it says teaching english to taiwanese, with no period. Should I email them about this?
Also, on several other of my applications, something happened with my formatting where a blank page with my header on it made its way into the pdf file. The page is right after my personal statement-I had thought it was one of those blank pages that were part of the app. Is it worth emailing and apologizing for this?
Thanks!

justadude55

Re: errors on application.

Postby justadude55 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:42 pm

i feel u on this. it seems it wasn't even your fault as u didn't know LSAC can cut your sentences off. i'd call about it or maybe attach an e-mail. i know adcoms can get annoyed when they get extra stuff, but this really isn't your fault so i'd just call, and ask the person on the phone for advise.

dytelb

Postby dytelb » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:46 pm

yeah, i'm mad at myself for not seeing it in the preview doc:( do you think the extra page thing is worth asking about as well?

justadude55

Postby justadude55 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:57 pm

about the blank page -- i can't see them caring. it doesn't affect their reading, and it didn't go over a page. maybe it shows u were kind of careless, but pointing out this carelessness to them will not make you appear any less careless.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”