When complete and under review?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
glitched

When complete and under review?

Postby glitched » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:35 pm

Hello all,

I don't know the timeline for this. I think the answer will probably be that "it depends" but I submitted my application on tuesday and was received that day. How long does it take for them to go complete and under review? I can understand that no adcoms really came in after wednesday but I just want to get a general feel so I can make sure things didn't get messed up somewhere. Will I still be considered in this next cycle or will I be lumped the same with people submitting in Dec? Thanks!

Re: When complete and under review?

Postby 03121202698008 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:38 pm

Last year I went complete at some schools in a week, at others 3 months later. There are no true "cycles". Many people that submitted at the same time seem to get decisions together but some people also get decisions way before or after those who submitted around them. Most schools use a board of reviewers so if someone needs a tie-breaker or something they may get pulled out of the pile. If you don't hear anything in 2-3 weeks, I'd send a polite e-mail to the admissions office asking if you are complete. If it's NYU...don't expect to hear anything at all. (And to get a snippy response if you ask about it.)

beachbum

Re: When complete and under review?

Postby beachbum » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:44 pm

It varies by school. You can reasonably expect decisions between December and March. Good luck.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”