NYU Scholarships

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Njdeh

NYU Scholarships

Postby Njdeh » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:41 pm

Can someone send me a link to a page with information on NYU's admissions scholarships? I looked around and didn't find anything. Does NYU offer any full rides?

***Sorry, just realized the financial aid section, my apologies!****

If a moderator can delete this I'd appreciate it
Last edited by Njdeh on Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lwoods

Re: NYU Scholarships

Postby Lwoods » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:47 pm

Yes, there are a number of scholarships, many of which require an essay with your application.

http://www.law.nyu.edu/admissions/jdadmissions/scholarships/index.htm

tartugas

Postby tartugas » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:45 pm

The major scholarships offered by NYU that are not dean's scholarships awarded on merit, are intended to encourage and assist prospective student with a passion for public service as opposed to private practice work. Look for information on the Root-Tilden-Kern program.

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:51 am

tartugas wrote:The major scholarships offered by NYU that are not dean's scholarships awarded on merit, are intended to encourage and assist prospective student with a passion for public service as opposed to private practice work. Look for information on the Root-Tilden-Kern program.

OP, if you click on "public interest scholarships" in the left-hand menu of the link posted above, you will be taken to the Root-Tilden-Kern scholarship page. There are a number of specific scholarships under the Root-Tilden-Kern umbrella.

Ivan91

Postby Ivan91 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:53 am

What is a typical public service kind of job ? District attorney ? Judge ?

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:04 am

Ivan91 wrote:What is a typical public service kind of job ? District attorney ? Judge ?

ACLU, Legal Aid, child advocacy, victim advocacy, pro bono criminal defense, pro bono civil litigation, general non-profit, community development, etc.

(sorry for bumping this, OP, just saw your edit)

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:35 am

Did anyone apply for the Mitchell Jacobson one? I can't tell if they're just... only looking for 2 years of i-banking, or what exactly they're looking for to be honest.

paglababa

Postby paglababa » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:53 am

ahduth wrote:Did anyone apply for the Mitchell Jacobson one? I can't tell if they're just... only looking for 2 years of i-banking, or what exactly they're looking for to be honest.

Bump. I'd like to know if anyone applied to Mitchell Jacobson. It feels like the rest are all for PI / academic oriented / first member of family to attend grad school.

Anyone GET into that?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”