UG GPA vs. LSAC GPA discrepancy

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tartugas

UG GPA vs. LSAC GPA discrepancy

Postby tartugas » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:27 pm

There is a .2 point difference in my favor between the GPA that is on the official transcript my school sent out vs the GPA that LSAC give me credit for (3.5 vs 3.7) because of the method by which LSAC computes GPA I assume. I was unaware of this discrepancy when the first apps went out because I did not realize that I could review the report that LSAC compiles for one's transcript. I put on my resume the GPA that the registrar's office placed on my transcript.

I will correct the resumes that I send out to the last two school that I am applying to and in clude the LSAC GPA, but should I contact the other schools that already have my applications and ask to update my resume to show the LSAC GPA? Will the discrepancy cause me any problems in your opinion?

QuailMan

Re: UG GPA vs. LSAC GPA discrepancy

Postby QuailMan » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:29 pm

It wont matter. The schools will see and consider your LSAC gpa regardless of what is on your resume. it might be a little more awkward if your school gpa was the higher one, but it shouldn't really matter either way.

OGR3

Postby OGR3 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:32 pm

Congratulations.

That gets you above the 25% for all but HYS.

glitched

Postby glitched » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:57 pm

You are supposed to put your UG GPA on your resume. Even if you don't, they have every single piece of information about your gpa - your lsac report and your transcripts. so they're not going to be looking at your resume for the final number anyway. don't try to deceive them on your resume - keep it as is.

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:08 pm

I put my UG GPA on my transcript (3.65). LSAC GPA is a bit lower (3.3) lol. I got accepted to GTown and Deferred to RD at Cornell so far so it can't be that bad, I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

tartugas

Postby tartugas » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:39 pm

Many thanks for the replies all. I had a feeling this was not a significant issue, but I wanted to see what the general consensus was.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”