Yale PANA invitation to apply?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bofaem

Yale PANA invitation to apply?

Postby bofaem » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:46 pm

So I got a big packet a while ago encouraging me to apply had a bunch of stuff about PANA, their asian-american organization w/ sample personal statements and 250s

I have balanced numbers both between their 25-50 percentiles for gpa and lsat but dont really think i have the numbers to get, lsn shows no one in the last three or four years w/ my lsat score getting in (not including URM)

anyone have this happen to them last year? results?

spondee

Re: Yale PANA invitation to apply?

Postby spondee » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:58 pm

It's the student group, separate from the admissions office, encouraging you to apply with a goal toward increasing representation in the matriculating students. It means one or both of your numbers are good enough to think you're enough a potential Yalie to pay for printing and postage - but it has no bearing on whether or not you'll get in.

I received similar packets from both HLS and YLS two years ago. But my uGPA sunk my admission at both - auto-rejected.

bofaem

Postby bofaem » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:08 pm

it was both, it was from the admissions office, and then included another piece of literature with a letter from the student group

modmx

Postby modmx » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:21 pm

got one here too. Below their 25% for LSAT but at their 75% for GPA

guess it doesnt hurt to apply.

spondee

Postby spondee » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:22 pm

That's due to the practical details of reaching out to you: PANA doesn't know who you are without help of the admissions office.

I overemphasized "separate from the admissions office" before. What I mean is that the admissions office is not suggesting you have any boost or that they're particularly interested in your specific application. What I mean is that you were target by the student group, not the admissions office.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”